Under the general guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and Sr. Resource management officer (SRMO), under overall supervision Logistics and Procurement Officer, the administrative supervision of Head of Office and the functional supervision of Logistics and Procurement Assistant and the Administrative supervision of the Head of Sub- Office, the Driver is responsible for the following
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required;
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water,
Battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and
Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean;
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.;
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident;
- Performs other duties as required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM IN/234 - Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with minimum 2 years of relevant professional experiences.
- Pick up the official staff from/to the airport at any travelling time;
- Perform as duty driver for united nations assistant mission for Iraq (UNAMI) and other UN agencies 48 hours per month;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to present clear and concise information.
- Ability to drive armored vehicles.
- Knowledge of vehicles maintenance.
- Knowledge and skills: driver's license, knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Fluency in English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.