- Role and responsibilities
The position of Driver is based in Duhok Office. The driver responsible for safely transporting NRC staff and equipment/materials to approved destinations.
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The Country Offices shall adapt them to the existing organizational chart and the size and complexity of the operations. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Transport NRC staff, visitors, documents and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods and the vehicle
- Immediately report accidents, breakdowns and needs of repair and general maintenance/service
- Respect the local traffic regulations and the NRC logistical, drivers and vehicle policies at all times
- Maintain the logbook for all trips
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state etc.
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Provide logistical support during trainings and workshops
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is always in good working condition and meets NRC safety and security standards
- Facilitate movements of personnel and goods
- Behavioral competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicate with impact and respect
- Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience from working as a Driver in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- The driver has to be flexible during the work hours based on the assigned shift (morning or evening) as follows: 08:00 am, to 4:00 pm or 04:00 pm to 12:00 am.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- Geographical area knowledge
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish languages
the interested candidates can send his/her application to:
- the candidate has to mention the name of the position in the subject
- the application should be in word or PDF format otherwise won't be considered.
- the positions are contingent upon donor approval