EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
VACANCY: Driver Light Vehicles
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- The competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, medical coverage, life insurance, and social security scheme).
Job Title: Driver light vehicle
Duty Station: Iraq – Mosul Sub-Delegation
Reports to: Dispatcher
Duration of Contract: 1year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal based on needs and performance).
Date of Issue: 11.06.2021
Deadline for applications: 18.06.2021
- Drive light vehicles to transport people and/or materials to the field with strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic laws.
- Transport persons and/or materials safely and promptly following ICRC procedures.
- Examine the vehicle equipment, the general operating condition and the body condition of the vehicle and ensure that it is fueled and clean from inside and out, and ensures that all relevant documents are valid and present in the vehicles.
- Ensure all goods are stored inside the car following local and international safety standards.
- Properly follow driving regulations, internal security rules and national traffic regulations to avoid traffic fines.
- Always check the car before the trip - (toolbox, fuel, hygiene, update the registration book). To avoid any accident or any security problems and report back.
- Always follow the ICRC procedure communication-wise and keep the Radio team updated.
- Makes sure that vehicle is parked in the safe area all the time and in emergency leaving the position.
- Ensure all passengers follow safety regulations while setting in ICRC vehicle.
- Respect trip timing in a way making sure you know the route efficiently so that no time is wasted.
- Adheres to the general rules of conduct and applies security rules always.
- Collaborative and Shares relevant information with colleagues to achieve results, and understands the ties between individual, team and organization-wide objectives.
- Assist the mission leader of the convoy as needed.
Education and Professional Experience required:
- Secondary school.
- Valid driving license (Type B) in case of Type A possession the candidate will be requested to obtain (Type B) if selected.
- Knowledge of the local language (spoken and written).
- Basic knowledge of English.
- At least 2 years experience with NGOs.
How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations. Marked to (email@example.com) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. Also, only applicants from Mosul will be considered according to the requirements.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).