INTERNAL / EXTERNAL
VACANCY: Driver Light vehicles (Four Positions)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its support operations in Iraq.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practice your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can really make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times.
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- The competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, IRSP (International Retirement savings plan), final gratuity, medical coverage, life insurance, mobility allowance, and social security scheme).
Job Title: Driver Light vehicles
Number of Position: 4
Duty Station: Iraq – Nasiriyah Sub-Delegation
Reports to: Dispatcher 1
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open-ended contract where performance and competencies are key to be selected for further contractual continuity)
Date of Issue: 14 November 2023
Deadline for applications: 27 November 2023
The Light Vehicles Driver transports people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and Iraqi traffic laws.
Internally, interacts mainly with logistics staff and other ICRC employees.
Externally, interacts with people related to their work, e.g., traffic police, weapon bearers at checkpoints, fuel-station personnel, etc. may interact with beneficiaries.
- Drives light vehicles to transport people and/or material in strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic laws;
- Constantly monitors security conditions on the road;
- Ensures that goods are stored inside the vehicle according to local, international, and ICRC safety standards;
- Checks their assigned vehicle(s)' equipment, general functioning, and body condition and ensures that it is kept fuelled and clean inside and out;
- Immediately reports accidents, defects, and/or missing equipment to his superiors;
- Can act as head of the convoy as needed (in charge of the driver(s), application of security rules, and time frame for the convoy);
- Gives a hand to the loading and unloading of his vehicle;
- Drives in a manner that minimizes fuel consumption and maintains the vehicle in good condition.
- Secondary school diploma;
- Driving license B held for at least five years;
- Good command of (spoken and written) English, and Arabic;
- 2 years’ work experience in a similar function;
- Iraqi Traffic rules and procedures knowledge;
- Automobile maintenance experience (oil checks, changing tires, etc.);
- Basic knowledge of mechanics;
- Good knowledge of the Geographical knowledge in the south of Iraq.
How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates should forward their applications with a detailed updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts with a minimum of two professional references, a cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for the said job opportunity and your salary expectations and Valid Driving Licence. Clearly marked to ([email protected]) with the subject line: SURNAME First Name/ Vacancy title.
Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permits in Iraq.
The successful candidate will undergo a three months’ probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us by a Month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).