As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to help improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. To ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralisation of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organisational structures and work processes at various administrative levels.
The ‘Initiative for Rural Rehabilitation in Syria’ aims to strengthening the resilience of the civilian population in northeastern Syria. The project supports and enables agricultural groups, cooperatives and micro, small and medium-size businesses to increase food security, improve access to drinking water and strengthen socio-economic livelihoods in selected communities. Through community-based approaches and by applying different instruments and modalities of support (financing agreements, advice, trainings, OD processes, etc.), micro-, small- and mediumsize agrobusinesses, cooperatives and water user associations are supported in promoting sustainable local initiatives to enhance food security of the rural populations. The project is implemented from project offices in Erbil/Iraq.
Advising partner institutions:
- Acting as main focal point in all M&E-related topics, such as data collection, reporting and follow-up with results-based monitoring and evaluation of activities in cooperation with implementing partners of the program’s measures in northeast Syria
- Developing results-based monitoring and evaluation capacities of partners of the program implementing measures in northeast Syria
- Ensuring data and information management, follow-up with implementing partners, supporting the development of monitoring and reporting tools of partners
- Reviewing technical documents (proposals, log frames, M&E plans, reports) of implementing partners
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting:
- Advising program management as well as advisors on the steering and development of project measures from an M&E perspective and based on the program’s indicators and logical framework/results matrix.
- Overseeing results-based monitoring of the program in Onsite Operations
- Reviewing technical documents of implementing partners
- Maintaining and further developing the program’s overall results-based monitoring system against the indicators of the program’s log frame and results matrix.
- Generating and visualizing M&E related data to support the program’s reporting (ad-hoc, interim, final) as well as internal review processes.
- Reporting on the achievement of standard indicators
- Tracking the performance, inputs and resources of all program activities and examining outputs against expected results, anticipates any deviations and recommends actions to ensure the program is progressing towards the intended outcomes.
- Analyzing the impact of project measures and promoting learning by documenting best practices and contributes to management, decision-making and steering processes
- Advises and supports technical staff in the preparation of work package requests for the program’s Third-Party monitoring.
- Sharing best practices and lessons learnt whenever appropriate.
- Managing activity trackers and M+E tools of partners implementing measures/activities in northeastern Syria
- Coordinating the results matrix in Onsite Operations.
- Updating the results matrix in Onsite Operations regularly and ensures that outputs, indicators, and main activities in north-eastern Syria are updated regularly by technical and admin/finance colleagues of the team.
- Ensuring that Reports of Onsite Operations are regularly filed in DMS.
Other duties/additional tasks:
- Liaising with other programs of the GIZ Syria portfolio on M&E related topics, including representing ILRS in the portfolio’s M&E Working Group.
- First level university degree in social sciences, development studies, economics or in a field related to the program’s objectives.
- Certified knowledge of common data collection, documentation and reporting tools.
- Experience in major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies of projects with NGOs and/or donors.
- Proven experiences in cooperating and advising partner organizations.
- Experience in the sectors of food security, water, sanitation and livelihood.
- Familiarity with community-driven development, social cohesion, resilience and do-no harm is an asset.
- Knowledge on integrating gender and inclusion considerations into monitoring processes is desirable.
- Knowledge on expenditure monitoring and project management is an asset.
- Pro-active and detail-oriented approach to completing tasks, strong ability to organize.
- Strong communication skills and team-oriented mindset, good self-organization
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and to make quick and practical decisions.
- Respect for and contribution to a work environment free of harassment and discrimination
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), database management
- Data presentation, visualization and narrative reporting skills
- Fluent in English and in Arabic
Please send your CVs/ Resumes and Motivation letter to GIZ.Iraq.Jobs@giz.de
The Reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-ILRS023-007) Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications