Title: Economic Empowerment Trainer
Status: Full time
Location: Erbil – Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Reports to: Economic Empowerment Manager
Line Manages: Not applicable
Plan, develop and deliver training on numeracy, savings, and basic business skills to groups of Women for Women program participants. Assess the educational level and literacy of the women and deliver material that is appropriate and applicable to the vocational training that will follow. Collaborate with the social empowerment and Vocational Skills trainers to plan course material, schedule participants, synthesize material and maximize training results. Work closely with and assist the Monitoring and Evaluation team to coordinate, plan and prepare training, assess and update training materials and tools and collect data from the participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver the economic empowerment training curriculum, following closely program guidelines.
- Prepare lesson plans that are appropriate and applicable to the needs of beneficiaries.
- Assist with gathering feedback on courses and assessing training material and tools.
- Assist with reviewing and modifying lesson plans to improve upon training curriculum as needed.
- Create a friendly learning environment with encouraging women to start their own business.
- Provide after class consultation on how the participants can start their own business, accompany them and support them
- Provide advanced business classes to graduates who need help and support to improve already established businesses
- Collaborate with social empowerment Trainer/s on scheduling to ensure that all participants receive the full cycle of economic empowerment training courses.
- Assess training material needs, take stock/inventory and ensure training equipment and tools needed are readily available.
- Communicate with local leaders or other local partners involved in business activities throughout the community.
- Meet with colleagues to share techniques, strategies, success stories, difficult cases, supplemental materials, etc
- Maintain daily attendance records of participants and provide to supervisor.
- Contact participants who do not attend sessions if needed to determine whether they should be dismissed from the program.
- Recommend women for dismissal from the program according to organizational guidelines
- Gather data on participants as needed and provide regular reports to the Economic Empowerment Manager
- Record information about training sessions in trainer journal – including session topics, reactions to material, challenges and other relevant issues.
- Support the team when it comes to conducting any kind of assessments, either new location, market assessment or needs assessment.
- Create saving groups, make sure that all needs for the saving groups are purchased ahead of time, passbooks are printed and handed out to the participants.
- Accompany the women into the vocational training, support them how to think about what they learn in forming a business and generating income from it.
- Support the team with translation of participants’ letters and any other needed translations
- Support and collect success stories with photos and consent forms signed for each photo submitted
- Work in collaboration with Trainers and replace other trainers in case of their absence.
- Keep management updated on problems or issues encountered in the field.
- Assist in community outreach activities during enrollment.
- Assist in any field research or evaluation of EE activities such as saving groups, vocational classes.
- Assist in community mobilization of participants in your assigned locations.
- Participate in data collection, needs assessments and community mapping and social mobilization.
- Provide support to other departments, if needed.
- Willing to travel to other part of governorates
- Raising purchasing requests for the needs and maintenance in the center, and the vocational track’s consumables
- Support with planning, organizing, and implementing International Women’s Day, Refugee Day, and graduation of each cohort.
- Support with business competition implementation, help the participants how to fill out the template and support those groups who are illiterate
- Create contact with other organizations and actors in the area, refer participants to them for job opportunities.
- Provide referral for participants to other NGOs and actors to receive services in the area
Other Duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least a Diploma in Business administration; additional post-secondary studies an advantage.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience, preferably with experience in training and/or teaching adults.
- Must be knowledgeable of business practices in the local area and capable of providing proper advice and guidance.
- Provide technical guidance to clients on starting and maintaining a small business.
- Must be attuned to the particular situation and needs of the women in the program so as to give proper advice.
- Good administrative and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills and ability to build rapport with communities and participants.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email.
- Fluency in Kurdish and Arabic is essential; English language skills an advantage.
All interested candidates must submit an updated CV, cover letter and three professional references. Send application to: email@example.com. Please put Economic Empowerment Trainer - Erbil in the Subject line.
Application deadline: January 26, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; we are seeking to fill this position as quickly as possible.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.