Education Community Mobilizer (1Positions)
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Iraq Response
LOCATION: Shirqat - Iraq
GRADE: D – 6
POST TYPE: National
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The Community Mobilizer is a member of Save the Children’s team in Salah Al Din Governorate. Under the supervision of the programme officers, The Community Mobilizer is responsible for:
· Promoting our projects in communities and creating awareness on education, child protection or Health/Hygiene related issues among community members,
· Organize capacity building for teachers, parents, and other duty bearers in the community on project components
· Monitoring and supporting all program activities in the field, conducting regular meetings with parents, schools, child protection committees and local council to identify issues and proposing solutions to address them
The Community Mobilizer will ensure that project activities are consistent with Save the Children’s programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Education Officer
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Budget responsibility: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Hold regular meetings with stakeholders including schools, child protection committees, local councils and other organizations serving children and community to familiarize them with the projects and its objectives and engage them in the process.
· Monitoring formal and non-formal education activities, including conducting spot checks and facilitating teacher learning circles and PTA meeting
· Conduct, together with other Education colleagues, teachers` professional development activities
· Supervision of education facilitators and teachers
· Manage education databases
· Lead in community awareness sessions, including identification of relevant awareness sessions topics
· Organize meetings with parents and caregivers, to inform them of Save the Children programs and get feedback
· Support Save the Children to map services in the community and share with community members
· Work in collaboration with partners on the community help desks and ensure feedback mechanisms are working well
· Ensure the implementation of agreed plans at the field level to achieve quality results on time.
· Mobilize communities (leaders, parents, etc.) and disseminate information about the project to promote community support.
· Submit regular updates, reports and case studies on success stories and lessons learned
· Collect data from the field
· Build capacity on the program’s approaches and expected results through active participation in staff training and orientation as well as full engagement in the program’s processes
· Ensure that the programs are implemented in ways that are responsive to communities and children, in line with SC’s principles, values and strategic plan and compliant with SC’s procedures.
Collaboration and Representation
· Represent Save the Children in a professional manner
· Liaise with other stakeholders, including schools, local leaders, partners and participates in relevant meetings in Salah Al Din and the camps around Salah Al Din.
· Collaboration with other Community Mobilizers in Salah Al Din or the camps around Salah Al Din to ensure synergies and consistency in our programming approaches.
· Represent programming with local government, NGOs, communities and within SC as appropriate.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children’s values
· Demonstrates accountability to affected people; sharing beneficiaries’ feedbacks and complaints to Program staff, and taking appropriate action when required
· Demonstrates timely reporting to Education Officers on program and performance objectives
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
· Basic education or adequate equivalent work/life experience;
· Commitment to the mission and values of Save the Children;
· Experience with community development, working with children and schools;
· Strong understanding of the situation of the children (girls and boys) in camps and/or urban settings;
· Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
· The ability to think critically and to recommend good solutions to problems.
· Strong organizational skills;
· Advocacy and coordination skills;
· Ability to conduct outreach at the community level;
· Excellent sense of judgment, humor and patience;
· Knowledge of the local language as well as Arabic is essential; English language skill is an advantage;
· Good computer skills (MS Office, including familiarity with internet).
Applicants may submit their CVs with their contact details and telephone number to: Baghdad.Jobs@savethechildren.org
- We will be reviewing the CVs on rolling basis and the position can be filled even before the closing date.
- Please mention the vacancy title: Education Community Mobilizer in subject box of your email.
- Email without vacancy title will not be considered.
- Email after the closing date will not be considered.