Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are looking for individuals’ consultants or independent firms to develop training material and conduct training on Edutainment through identifying, translating and publishing materials for women’s leadership and self-esteem training.
What we are looking for:
- Identify barriers for women and girls to highlight and articulate their voices at various levels, including, but not limited to individual, household, community and political spheres
- Identify community change-makers (women, men, girls and boys) to champion women and girls’ empowerment. (Develop a criterion for the project team to use in the identification)
- Develop curriculum for change-makers training of trainers, which should include a session on leadership and self-esteem
- Conduct training of trainers for the identified change-makers on holding community-level dialogues and sensitization
- Develop IEC messages and propose materials for change makers to use for community-level sensitizations
This role will give you an opportunity toDevelop training material for awareness raising for Women and Girls, to support them articulate and voice their social, economic, political and SRHR needs, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- 5 years of professional experience in working in communications and gender issues
- Experience in developing behaviour change messages and developing materials to build awareness, particularly in a violent conflict triggered crises.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proven ability to deliver in a timely manner within cost and quality standards;
- The candidate should have an excellent command of the English language, both written and oral.
- Spoken and/or written Arabic is desirable – if no Arabic consultant(s) should account for English-Arabic written and spoken translation in their proposal.
- Profile of the consultant, and/or organisation,
- Proposed approach and management arrangements for the assignment,
- Proposed comprehensive work plan,
- Proof of completion of similar assignments in the past five years,
- Clear, itemized budget (including any assumptions/choices). Any proposals that do not include an itemised budget will not be considered.
For more details about this consultancy, please visit the job advert using below link:
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s rights activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.