KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Previous experience in humanitarian work.
- Experience in Food Assistance projects trough cash. Or cash for training
- Experience in education
- Experience in school management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, English language, Business Admiration, School management or any other related qualification.
- Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Self-disciplined with good time management skills.
- Creative and ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to produce clear and well organized reporting and documents.
- Knowledge of food projects especially projects related to cash for training.
- Knowledge of educational projects specially IT and English.
- Proven planning, team work and managerial skills
- Demonstrate ability in the design and effective use of training materials
- Stays open to internal and external feedback
- Finds fulfilment in work through creativity, risk taking, initiative, and innovation, and encourages the same in colleagues.
- Ability to supervise and mentor subordinates
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Good knowledge and experience of community mobilization.
- Report writing skills and computer knowledge
Within Iraq governorates
EMPACT Team Leader - Ninewa
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To effectively assist the EMPACT project coordinator in the implementation of a food assistance project EMPACT through digital skills training and professional support to vulnerable Syrian refugees, Internally Displaced Iraqis and host communities and Returnees in Ninewa, Duhok and Erbil Governorates of Iraq.
The Team Leader will work closely with EMPACT project coordinator to ensure high quality management of our educational centers and strong supervision the teachers and teacher’s assistants to ensure smooth implementation of the training sessions on a daily basis and a positive and productive learning environment.
The team Leader will ensure that the teachers are following the agreed curriculum in terms to achieve the goals by creating sustainable livelihood opportunities for vulnerable communities by transforming and making their skills “portable”, giving them access to the digital workplace and the future of work, as well as providing them with opportunities to generate income and improve household food security and ensuring compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines and uphold commitment to beneficiary entitlement.
- Assist the project coordinator to conduct the outreach work and select the beneficiaries related to this project according to WFP and WV standard.
- Assist trainers and their assistants, supervising them to effectively and efficiently manage and coordinate all courses and activities under EMPACT project that are implemented in the educational center.
- Assist project coordinator to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities as per programs design.
- Ensure program compliance to Humanitarian Accountability standards.
- Ensure that all resources earmarked to target populations are properly handled, stored, transported, distributed, tracked, fully accounted for and reported on according to World Vision standard procedures and Donor policy.
- Visit target communities on regular basis to get their perceptions and experience so as to assist in planning and implementing relevant community-oriented programs.
- Prepare monthly management reports, and as well as monthly narrative reports for the district according to set standards and formats.
- Facilitate the identification designing and implementing of appropriate training needs for district staff and target communities.
- Having logistic experience to coordinate the pickup of the beneficiaries from their location to our centers, in term to systematic the classes , trainers and beneficiary attendance ,
- Manage and support the distribution of SIM cards and the cash out.
- Have IT and English background to understand the progress of the curriculum.
- Supervise use of resources allocated to the district trainers and trainers assistant.
- Supervise the centre and provide all the need
- Supervise all the trainers’ workers through appropriate systems and attend to their welfare issues.
- Ensure that the trainers and the trainer’s assistant are respecting the WV and donor procedures specially the procedures related to the safeguarding.
- Collecting daily attendance of teachers, teacher’s assistants.
- Leader skills required , leading the team in proper way ,
Coordination and collaboration
- Assist project coordinator to Co-ordinate with centers owners and local authorities and beneficiaries leaders.
- Participate in regular coordination meetings in WV and outside agencies including the donor
- Ensure to represent WV with the donors when required
- Leads capacity development with EMPACT project staff to ensure competency levels which allow staff to do their work accordingly.
- Work with the Project coordinator to supervise and provide training for all other WFP EMPACT staff
- Represent the project in food assistance/ Security, coordination forums as advised by project management
- Perform any other duties as required by the project Coordinator or his/her designee
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/information-technology/empact-team-leader-ninewa/17248
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 26 July 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.