If you do not meet the minimum requirements as outlined in the section ‘Essential Qualifications & Experience’, please do not apply.
Please read the job description in full before applying.
Triangle Génération Humanitaire (TGH) is an international non-governmental organisation (NGO) designing and implementing emergency, post-emergency and development programs since 1994. The programs fall within the fields of water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH), civil engineering (Shelter), food security, rural development (Livelihood), socio-educational and psychosocial support (Protection). In 2019, its committed teams operate in 9 countries in Asia, Africa and Middle-East Region.
TGH has been working in KR-I since June 2013, providing WASH in schools, winterization distribution, cash for education, Case management and psychosocial support as well as livelihood activities to Syrian refugees and IDPs. Also, TGH has been working in the capacity building of the General Directorate of Social Care and Development (GDSCD, more commonly referred to as DoSA / Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MoLSA) in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I), the Social Protection Department in Ninewa and a National NGO in the Centre and South of Federal Iraq to strengthen the child protection case management systems. The present project “Skills Development and Engagement of Young People (10-24 years) in Duhok” is to improve the social, economic and civic situation of vulnerable young boys and girls (10-24 years old) empowering them to become actors of a positive and sustainable social and economic change in Duhok governorate by developing their life, employability and entrepreneurship skills, supporting small businesses and engaging the young people in the youth engagement initiatives and decision-making.
JOB OBJECTIVE :
The Entrepreneurship/ employability Skills Development Coach as part of a Youth Development and Engagement team contributes to the strengthening of the capacity of youth and adolescents by developing young people’s life skills, employability, entrepreneurship, and digital skills, and promoting engagement and active citizenship. The Entrepreneurship/ employability Skills Development Coach will be responsible for the correct implementation of project’s activities in the youth centers, ensuring the achievement of the expected results. He/she will be responsible for the timely and affective coaching and monitoring businesses established through the project, in cooperation with youth centers. He/she will provide support to establishment of small businesses and follow up the entrepreneurship projects. The EESD Coach is under the supervision of the Entrepreneurship/ employability Skills Development Officer and will work closely with other project staff working under this project.
The employee agrees to:
- Respect and abide by TGH’s Charter and internal regulations
- Respect and abide by her/his contract and Job Description
- Respect and abide by security rules put in place by the Security Focal Point.
- Respect and abide by TGH Code of Conduct
This job description will be regularly reviewed. Only a common and joint agreement between the employee and the employer shall lead to a modification of this it.
Tasks and responsibilities
Responsibility 1: Project Activities Design and Implementation
Task 1- Participate in the design and implementation of activities, in accordance with multiple objectives, activities and targets outlined within current donor proposals and in line with projects’ budget.
Task 2- Participate in conducting needs assessments, awareness raising and information activities with the support of officers and PM.
Task 3- Facilitate selection and registration of beneficiaries, according to set vulnerability criteria.
Task 4- Monitor progress of businesses established with the officer support
Task 5- Provide coaching and technical assistance to small business youth, which includes:
- Developing business, marketing and financial plans
- Providing resources and information on how to start or grow businesses, how to access procurement opportunities and getting registered to do business in Duhok.
- Assisting businesses in the creation of marketing materials, record keeping systems and other tools necessary to small businesses
Task 6- Monitor accounting and finance systems use, providing support as needed
Task 7- Select beneficiaries for project (including entrepreneurs and existing businesses)
Task 8- Follow up with course participation and collect data for M&E
Task 9- Liaise with project stakeholders to ensure lessons learned are gathered and disseminated to project stakeholders
Task 10- Support the implementation of the Life Skills and Citizenship Education (LSCE) activities and trainings.
Task 11- Support of facilitation of Youth Development trainings such as employability, entrepreneurship, and digital skills trainings and other workshops.
Task 12- Support to skilled youths to enter the workforce through internships and/or employment and/or business mentorship activities (referrals, tailored projects, peer-to-peer activities)
Task 13- Contact potential beneficiaries for the skills training and job placement activities.
Task 14- Assist the Entrepreneurship/ employability Skills Development Officer Youth Empowerment and Engagement Officer in setting up venues, procuring training materials, and making arrangements with beneficiaries for training sessions
Task 15- Assist the officers in monitoring training sessions and ensuring all necessary documentation is collected
Responsibility 2: Representation, Reporting and Documentation
Task 1- Collaborate effectively with authorities, youth centers, NGOs, and UNICEF.
Task 2- Ensure strong working relationships with youth centers to facilitate effective collaboration and communication.
Task 3- Participate in and/or organize relevant meetings with partners.
Task 4- Represent TGH actively, including at meetings with youth centers as requested, and provide detailed minutes of all attended meetings to the officer.
Task 5- Assist the project staff in conducting assessment and project analysis.
Task 6- Collect data, fill assessments forms, and write success stories
Task 7- Provide detailed weekly activity reports
Task 8- Develop monthly/weekly activity plans
Task 9- Update the monitoring tools on a monthly basis and upon request by the officers.
Task 10- Ensure the correct implementation and regular update of all monitoring tools by the youth center staff.
Task 11- Participate in internal meetings and team workshops regarding the activities of the project, upon request by supervisors.
Task 12- Ensure the proper documentation of trainings and peer to peer sessions (pre- / post-test, attendance sheet, evaluation, reports).
Task 13- Ensure that all files are well-organized and secured and that all files are sent on time to officers.
Responsibility 3: Logistics and administration
Task 1- Provide and update the list of needs for his/her team to the officers.
Task 2- Ensure that the requests of the youth centers regarding materials and logistical issues are reported to the officer in a timely manner.
Task 3- Directly report any security issues to the officers and ensure that security rules are endorsed and followed.
Task 4- Ensure the organization of trainings, meetings, peer to peer discussions, practice analysis sessions and workshops (collect quotations when needed, printing of the materials, availability of the equipment, booking of the meeting room and catering, liaison with hotel, payments, etc.)
Task 5- Prepare the weekly movement plan and share it with supervisor and Logistics Department.
Task 6- Translate resources and communication documents from Arabic/Kurdish to English and vice-versa.
Responsibility 4: Participate in the development of new projects
Participate in the needs assessments for new projects, when requested.
This list is not exhaustive and other tasks may be requested as the supervisor may judge necessary
- A minimum Bachelor degree in business management/marketing/ Entrepreneurship or other related field of studies,
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant NGOs’ experience (working in the livelihoods programs – specifically training and curriculum development for youth and youth skills development
- Experience in capacity building of youth
- Experience in/flair for developing/working with digital platforms and content in co-creation with adolescents and young people
- Experience of facilitating and conducting trainings
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including, and authorities at different levels, NGOs, youth organizations;
- Familiarity with the Ministry of Culture and Youth, Directorate of Youth and Youth Centers
- Familiarity with Humanitarian Principles, Protection Principles and internationally recognized minimum standards in Child Protection, in particular the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Self-motivated, strong team player
- Strong communication and social skills to establish relationships with different communities and authorities.
- Strong Computer skills (MS Office).
- Strong organizational and reporting skills.
- Very proactive, positive and flexible.
- Deeply motivated by and committed to humanitarian work.
- Readiness to travel in the governorate on a daily basis
- Languages: Mandatory: Fluency in written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
We require candidate with minimum Two Years business management/marketing/ Entrepreneurship, and youth skills development professional experience.
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
Please send your application (letter of motivation + CV in English with copy of Diplomas), and titled as
“Entrepreneurship/ employability Skills Development Coach- Duhok” to
email@example.com no later than
28 October 2021.
***Based in Duhok (with regular travel to districts throughout the governorate)