Welthungerhilfe (hereafter: WHH) is a German private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational relief organization, which supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
- OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
The objectives of the Peace and Conflict Analysis are to provide more current data and findings on Salah Al-Din Governorate (Baiji, Samarra and Tikrit Districts) focusing on the following:
- Examination of community dividers (conflicts, tensions, power struggles) and connectors (language, culture, religion, heritage) and their impact on the WHH program and its target groups and areas.
- Deepen the understanding and interaction between conflict and peace driving factors in Salah Al-Din Governorate levels and above district levels.
- Identifying key stakeholders, issues, and community behaviours that may contribute to tension or contribute to the resolution of tensions in the community.
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF ENUMERATORS
The core tasks of the enumerators are to collect information regarding community relationships and possible tensions and peace building practices which may affect community coexistence as described below.
- Conduct data collection using the provided data collection tools.
- Document all the findings in the provided data collection tools. Suggest edits to the tools as needed.
- Ensure collected data is accurately recorded.
- Make sure that the data is filed as guided in data protocol practices. Suggest edits as needed.
- Ensure anonymity of respondents. Develop a relationship of respect and trust during data collection.
- Identify and discuss with the team any challenges that could affect the quality of the data.
- Take responsibility for project equipment that you may be entrusted with.
- Report daily issues and challenges to the team and consultant.
- Discuss data collected with team members at end of each day to finalize notes for translation.
- Present the data to the consultant at the end of each week in English.
- Meet with the team and consultant at the beginning of each week to discuss questions of data and make recommendations for coming weeks plan.
- Ensure secure handling of all community data while collecting it, transporting it and storing it.
- Support data verification, cleaning and presentation to participants and WHH.
- Ensure that all questionnaires and any equipment are accounted for.
- Follow confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is well protected following data collection, including after employment.
- Skills and Qualifications Preferred
- Previous experience with an NGO in qualitative data collection.
- Previous experience working with vulnerable audiences in a participatory manner.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating Focus Groups and documenting discussions.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating and documenting Key Informant Interviews.
- In both of above methods, the ability to probe for deeper responses, and to ask for clarification in unclear responses.
- Ability to work with a team of facilitators implementing focus groups and interviews.
- Ability to meet with the team daily and weekly to discuss FG and KII observations and data collected. Specifically, the ability to look for themes as well as contradictions in the data collected.
- Computer literacy to be able to work on smart phone, tablet and with Microsoft Word as well as Google Drive.
- Education degree: Bachelor University or Diploma preferred.
- Languages: Fluent in Arabic and English
- Ability to travel to Salah al Din within districts in Baiji, Tikrit, Samarra.
The applicants should submit a CV including 2 professional references and indicating their match to the above qualifications and requirements in line with the description of responsibilities to the following email address:
Subject line should read: “Enumerator-Salah al Din”.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date.
Please note that Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.