Position: Female Case Worker
Reports to: Case Manager
Status: Full Time
Duty Station: Baaj
All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Female Case Worker provides appropriate and timely case management by assessing the needs of individuals with protection concerns, supporting the client with basic psychosocial counselling, developing and implementing tailored case plans based on needs and ensuring appropriate follow-up while creating a climate of trust and care.
- Conduct case management intake interviews with individuals identified by the team during outreach work or referred by other agencies and open a case if vulnerability criteria are met;
- Carry out comprehensive assessments for each client after receiving their consent and consider emotional, behavioural and social factors that affect their psychosocial well-being as well as protection and risk factors;
- Conduct home visits to assess clients’ living conditions if considered necessary;
- Develop a tailored case plan together with the client, based on needs identified during the assessment;
- Refer clients to appropriate services and when considered necessary directly accompany them to different service providers;
- Provide continuous basic emotional support and counselling through regular follow-up meetings, establishing a relationship built on trust and respecting confidentiality protocols;
- Weekly document each case on the internal case management platform and ensure that any progress on the action plan and any significant change in a client’s psychosocial well-being and overall situation is timely and duly recorded;
- Ensure the proper and safe filing and archiving of case management files to maintain data confidentiality;
- Close a case when the objectives in the case plan are met and no further needs were identified;
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: PSEA, do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles;
- Participate in internal case management meetings and bring to the immediate attention any case of special/emergency needs to the supervising Case Manager;
- Ensure good relationships and coordination with the main service providers in the area of intervention to improve identification of persons with specific needs for prompt referral, follow up and information sharing;
- Identify and report gaps in the availability of services and quality of service provision for clients in the target areas.
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in a related field (e.g. Social Work, Psychology or equivalent is an asset).
- 1 year of relevant work experience
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Respect and a non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
For Application, PLEASE VISIT THE GOOGLE FORM LINK (YOU WILL NEED A GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO ACCESS IT)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date.
“Please note that the preference will be given to qualified candidates that are from the recruitment area”