Médecins Sans Frontières-Holland (MSF-H) is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF-H is currently recruiting for a Female Medical Doctor, in Hawija.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Ensure the follow-up treatement of patients, including short term prescriptions and renewal of long term prescriprion
- Ensure the follow-up and interpretation of the results of investigations
- Take the history and performs a physical examination of patients with medical complains. Define diagnosis and ensure treatement
- Assess and coordinate the need for external consultation including use of telemedicine
- Inform the patient’s care giver about his/her treatement, explain how to take it and ensure the understanding
- Ensure comprehensive documentation in the patients’ medical file in a timely and accurate manner diagnosis, physical exam, lab exam, treatement and plan
- Follow referral criteria and write referral feedbacks
- Identify the need for patient’s education and provide education
- Check the good course of medical activities within the departement
- Organise and work in collaboration with other department
- Follows MSF protocols ad guidelines, in consideration and agreement with DoH standars
- Any other responsibility assingned by the line manager
- Performing routine ante & post natal care for pregnant and postpartum women and babies (ANC & PNC), including assessment of fetal, newborn and maternal well being.
- Appropriate diagnosis and treatment of pregnancy-related diseases like gestational diabetes and hypertension and pre-eclampsia.
- Risk assessment and appropriate referral to specialist maternity care or other services such as mental health, NCD – following referral pathway accordingly.
- Ability to identify/provide care to SGBV cases and work collaboratively with the exapt SRH manager and SGBV focal point in these cases.
- Informing and advising about family planning (ability to fit IUD is asset).
- Ability to conduct abdominal ultrasound is an asset – as clinically indicated.
- Performing gynaecological consultations including STIs, for the population, carrying out appropriate assessments for SRH conditions.
- Appropriate use of drugs – ensuring comprehensive examination as necessary prior to prescribing medications.
- Good collaboration with DoH and MSF staff to provide optimal care.
- Be responsible for collecting SRH data according to MSF HIS tool on a weekly basis, submitting to SRH manager.
- Providing Education for ante & post natal women, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breastfeeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful practices.
- Work collaboratively with the midwife in the clinic when dealing with higher-risk cases.
- Ensuring patients right to privacy and confidentiality is respected.
- Take lead in identification and management of high risk cases
- Carry out assessment and management of perineal trauma
- Effectively document all care provided
- Fix term contract on 50% if non DOH staff is hired and service agreement (maximum working hours 84 hours) if DOH staff is hired.
- Intended start date: October
- Location: Hawija
Medical Doctor diploma
2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A&E, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
Mission language essential. Local language desirable.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
• People Management
Please send your application in English (CV, letter of motivation and any relevant certificates) to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate in the subject “Female Medical doctor”)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please submit any relevant certificate.
DEADLINE TO SEND APPLICATION: Saturday 02 October 2021 (3:00pm)