Founded in 2003, Women Rehabilitation Organization (WRO) is a non-profit, non-government and independent organization dedicated to working towards the protection and advancement of women’s and child rights and the engagement of men through service provision for all members of societies across Iraq and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). WRO supports the needs of Syrian refugee, Iraqi IDP, and Kurdish women, men, and children in prevention and response to sexual/gender based violence (SGBV) and increasing their access to quality economic, protection, food, health, education, shelter and legal services. Furthermore, WRO’s work aims to increase the social, political, economic participation of women in all aspects of society though capacity development projects that promote the economic and political participation of women.
WRO has over a twelve year history of collaborative work at the national, regional and international level working with many organizations. WRO has delivered over 45 projects focused on psychological MHPSS and physical health, formal and non-formal education, capacity building, protection, wash, legal, advocacy, livelihoods, political and economic participation, voter and democratic awareness, stabilization and reconstruction. WROs efforts have shed light locally and internationally through awareness raising and advocacy on many important issues such as mainstreaming gender based violence GBV across all sectors, sexual violence in conflict SVC, and other issued related to marginalized groups rights in Iraq through initiatives that directly impact tens of thousands of families each year. In partnership with UN agencies, international organizations and governmental bodies, WRO has been able to meet the needs of Syrian refugee, IDP, host communities by providing them with lifesaving services and developmental support services. WRO supports women, men, and children in communities across Iraq to reclaim their lives and start anew with hope and dignity in camp, urban, and rural settings.
Position: Field Assistant.
Location: Bartella and Bashiqa
Work Base: Ninawah ( Bartella and Bashiqa)
Position: Field Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
The Field Assistant is to play the role of providing support to project manager on field level and creating balance in the time and scope of executing the project in its location under the direct supervision of the project manager
The Field Assistant will also assist the project manager with duties and ensure that all aspects of a project are duly attended to and completed at the right time, regardless of challenges that may be encountered.
- Undertake duties as directed/requested by the project manager to support the delivery and implementation of specific activities , which focus on peace building and social cohesion , community trainings, Community events.
- Support the project manager in tracking deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries from the Field staff.
- Prepare letters to access approvals to areas and coordinate with related authorities.
- Provide oral and written translation for the project manager /international staff when required
- Schedule and coordinate, and organize for meetings, appointments, events, trainings, seminars.
- Act as Field Coordinator when he/she attends cluster meetings, management meetings, or taking leave. Follow up on project implementation and support field staff inquiries.
- Support in supervising tasks assigned to project staff as instructed by the project manager and ensure that they stick to project specification and guidelines.
- Undertake any other duties as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in English preferable
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Aware of conflict resolution , community reconciliation issues
- Aware of administration and management works
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to lead and work as a work team
- Ability to use Microsoft office (Word, excel, power-point).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit CV and cover letter including earliest available start date and salary expectations to: email@example.com Subject Line: Field Assistant – Bartella and Bashiqa _ Your Name. Please note applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
In the email please mention your earliest date to start.
Thank you very much for your interest, as we are not able to reply to all applications, if your profile meets our needs we will keep in on file for future opportunities. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due time.