Jobs By Governorate
Job InformationJob Information
New!Field Assistant NGO Information
NGO Name NPA (Norwegian People Aid)
Governorate Al Anbar
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education Diploma (Two Years)
Minimum Experience 1 Year
Required TravelJob Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2023-03-19
Deadline Date 2023-04-01Location
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Work within the framework of NPA core values
- Act as an ambassador for NPA, through professionalism and conduct
- Adhere to all NPA policies, regulations and procedures
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by NPA and for any loss or damage, you will be liable for repair or replacement
- Follow all verbal and/or written instructions, unless in direct violation of safety and duty of care..
- To provide clear and accurate spoken interpretations between NPA TFMs and non-English speaking persons to include NPA national staff, local authorities, informants, security forces, and others.
- To operate in field environments facilitating the survey and clearance as a focal point for communication
- On occasion, provide short written translations from English to Arabic, Arabic to English, of technical NPA documents, Government letters/documents or general administrative matters as tasked by NPA’s Programme Manager.
- Work in the field with the teams as translator.
- To assist team leaders/SS in filling (translation) the daily/monthly/completion reports.
- To assist field teams in raising store request, loss & damage report, leave/travel request, personal statement, and PR when tasked by TFM.
- Translation of task implementation plan, IMSMA completion, IMSMA Technical Survey and other reports as required and tasked by TFM.
- To keep an accurate record of all translation tasks, their status/delivery and assignee.
- To be flexible and prioritise tasks according to their importance.
- Drives the vehicle for transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of equipment, stores, documents and any other items as required;
- Responsible for looking after the allocated duty vehicle including all daily maintenance checks, mileage and fuel usage records and ensuring regular and timely services are conducted.
- Ensure vehicles are prepared daily for deployment including the necessary tool kits, communication and satellite tracking checks.
- Maintains daily vehicle logs, provides inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensure that the driving rules of the Government of Iraq are adhered to.
- Meet all NPA’s requirements as outlined in the vehicle policy.
- Any other duties as tasked by their management/superiors
How To Apply
- Diploma and/or High school as minimum.
- Defensive driving course
- Formal Interpreter Education
- Medic training
- Demining/BAC course
- Valid Driving Licence (authorised for both manual and automatic transmission)
- Very good knowledge of the area of operation.
- Verbal proficiency in Arabic and English.
- Proficient in Arabic and English written
- In-depth knowledge of core MS Office programmes
- Experience in working with NGOs.
- Former interpreting experience.
- Good communication and understanding skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work effectively under, and adapt to difficult conditions
- Willingness & ability to travel within the country
- Willing to adjust working hours because of the weather and other operational conditions.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs via [email protected]
- The subject of the email should be HER-23-011
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed
- CVs must be in English Language.
- NPA is an equal-opportunity employer and Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone call.
- Unsuccessful candidates will not get a reply.
- The Closing date is 1st April 2023.