Non-pertinent acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated
PAX is looking for a skilled coordinator for the project ‘’Local Peace Committees in Ninewa’’, implemented by PAX, Al Mesalla and PFO in the Ninewa province. The position’s primary location is Erbil. The coordinator will be hired on a consultancy contract until 1 October 2020.
Current project locations are: Ayadiyya, Bartela, Bashiqa, Mosul (Hayy al Arabi), Qaraqosh, Rabia, Sinuny, Zummar.
The coordinator plays a key role in monitoring general progress of the project, attending activities, recommending for improvements, and organizing the interventions that are to be organized by PAX. The coordinator visits community-level project activities organized by LPCs in these areas. This task will be carried out in coordination with colleagues at PAX – in Iraq and the Netherlands – and at local Iraqi partners Al Mesalla and PFO.
The position is advertised for five working days per week (or 36 hours), with tasks divided between office work in Erbil (roughly 80%) and field visits (20%).
- Good knowledge of project areas in Ninewa, in terms of:
- Demographic composition and IDP situation
- Conflict dynamics and conflict drivers
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Familiarity with M&E formats
- Knowledge of quantitative vs. qualitative data
- Interview skills
- Willingness to learn and improve skills through formal training and informal coaching by colleagues
- Background and/or experience with NGO work and values
- Political neutrality and able to work with all different Iraqi communities
- Ability to travel without problems to Ninewa to visit project areas
- Able to work responsively with deadlines and communication
- Responsive to phone calls and e-mails from colleagues
- Well-connected to communities, community representatives and local authorities in project areas
- Proficient in Kurdish and Arabic, English is highly recommended
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, including the contact details of at least two previous professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the vacancy, please contact: email@example.com
The deadline for applying is 26 January 2020.