Position: Field coordinator
Report to: Program officer
Supervise: 4 camps and 1 Mobile Teams, including management of the education staff
Status: Full Time
Duty Station: Baaj
The Field Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of the project and operations’ activities and adherence to the logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures.
• Oversee the running of the 4 camps and 1 Mobile Teams, including management of the education staff, support staff and coordination with the program staff at the central office level;
• Ensure that INTERSOS procedures and the Donor regulations applicable to the project with regards to program, logistics, security, HR and administration are fulfilled;
• Establish mechanism to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the field activities and ensure coordination and info sharing among the project components and stakeholders;
• Facilitating and supervise implementation of informal activities, catch-up classes, recreational activities, Awareness sessions and trainings.
• Organizing trainings, workshops and awareness raise campaigns on Education in coordination with the Education Manager.
• Developing and supervising need assessment activities related to education in coordination with partners, coordinating team made by PSS worker, case worker and Community mobilizer.
• Assist the Education Manager, in close cooperation with the International Finance Assistant and national Logistics Officer, with the planning, authorization and reporting of the expenses at field level;
• Supervise, gather and deliver the financial requests from the Teams, ensuring transparency of the procedures and cost-effectiveness for the goods and the services received;
• Regularly assess field staff performance, needs and eventual gaps during project implementation and under the supervision of the Education Manager facilitate corrective measures and propose eventual new interventions;
• Supervise data collection, verify source of information and prepare timely and accurate Project Progress Reports as required;
• Represent the organization at general coordination working groups and clusters with donors, humanitarian actors and local authorities, when requested;
• Liaise with local/national authorities and other actors as needed to facilitate achievement of project objectives;
• Liaising with teachers and learners to assess the quality of the education services provided.
• Able to translate documents from to Arabic and/or English and act as translator in meetings and discussions as needed;
• Managing of incentive for staff: transfer, payment ... etc.
• Perform any other task not here listed and necessary for the implementation of the project activities or the mission program as requested by the Education Manager or Education Coordinator.
- Minimum two years professional experience in the education sector in role of coordination;
- Proven ability to work as team leader;
- Demonstrated commitment to humanitarian principles;
- Strong understanding of the situation of protection context in Ninewa governorate.
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Strong Arabic skills, written and spoken. Good English skills, written and spoken
- Strong report writing skills
- IT knowledge and skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of INTERSOS’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches Application Process.
For Application, PLEASE VISIT THE GOOGLE FORM LINK (YOU WILL NEED A GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO ACCESS IT)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date.
“Please note that the preference will be given to qualified candidates that are from the recruitment area”