Under the general guidance of the Head of office and head of the returns and recovery unit, the administrative supervision of head of sub office, overall supervision of the research officer and the National Operations Officer; the Field researcher will report directly to the Assessment Team Leader. The incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Visit assessment locations and where necessary select appropriate Key Informants and households according to relevant assessment methodology.
- Conduct interviews using appropriate assessment tools ensuring completeness and consistency of collected information.
- Complete questionnaires through digital devices and applications such as ODK.
- Review data collected after fieldwork before submitting to Team Leader.
- Undertake structured/semi-structured observation and fill in appropriate forms.
- Participate and actively contribute to data review workshops, inputting field knowledge into the data analysis.
- Contribute to the analysis and presentation of findings during data review workshops and research dissemination events.
- Actively contribute to the drafting and revision of data collection tools and sample selection, based on the research criteria and on knowledge of the areas and population groups under study.
- Identify and provide an account of challenges faced in obtaining data during assessments and any other challenges encountered for onward development of tools and methodology.
- Any other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science (Economics, Statistics, International Relations, Political Sciences) or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
Experience and Skills
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in research-related to data collection.
- Experience in data collection (qualitative and/or quantitative) in the field is an asset
- Excellent command of Arabic and working knowledge of English
- Any other language is an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.