DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Assessing civil works for projects, Preparing specifications, drawings and bill of quantities.
-Close supervision of the implementation done by the contractors.
-Close supervision for the implementation of the engineering works, Analyzing and resolving work problems. Direct the implementation of projects activities on daily basis for the shelter project
-Distributing office works, and assignments among site monitors, Preparing progress report, expected completion dates, and payment documents regarding the civil works, Preparing variation orders if any.
-A regular visit to the project sites to ensure the quality of the implemented works and coordinate with M&E and QA/QC staff for any raised/found issues
-Produce the bill of quantity for each separated shelter in cash for the shelter project
-Explain the BoQ to beneficiaries and the proper usage of the materials to build or repair their shelter.
-Supervise and monitor work the construction /or repairs done by the beneficiaries themselves
-check the shelter's plans and design to ensure safety.
-providing technical support to the beneficiaries when necessary.
-Correctly fills inspection sheets used to monitor the progress of the construction/repairing works of the shelters.
-In collaboration with the project manager, Conduct door to door visits to the households and correctly fill project related forms and questionnaires CHAT, enrollment and technical assessment
-Providing Daily reports to project manager on work progress and technical challenges identified in the field.
-Ensure those shelter activities are implemented in accordance with engineering standards and planning as well Government rules and regulations
-Prepare and deliver training to the households on safe construction techniques - based on community needs
-Any other tasks relevant to the position as requested by the project manager and/or the Shelter team leader
PERSON SPECIFICATION (Education, Experience, Skills. Abilities)
- Relevant experience in similar role in humanitarian context. previous work with CNSF will be considered
- Have a university degree in civil engineering.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office.
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills • Good verbal and written in English, • Arabic.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure manage time and priorities work to deadlines.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Experience in working with vulnerable households in Urban and Camp settings with an NGO, charity or similar organization.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- holds a driving license and can use manual type.
- have all required legal papers and IDs to work in areas controlled by KRG or the Iraqi government.
DUTY STATION: The position is currently based in Wana/Tilkayif/Ninawa Gov
Applicants must send a CV and the cover letter in English, to Iraq.email@example.com.
CV only applications will not be considered. Applications close on 15th of January 2019.
Please state Field Supervisor Engineer the subject line of the email.