GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the line management of the Finance Supervisor in Erbil, the Finance & Accounting Officer is responsible for all the financial aspects of the offices and sub offices falling under Iraq mission. The Finance & Accounting Officer must keep all data and information strictly confidential, and share it only with the relevant persons needed.
The Finance and Accounting Officer produces quality financial information and contributes to the application and dissemination of the budget framework, local and donor rules and HI’s tools, procedures and standards in the financial field.
Missions / Responsibilities :
Mission 1 : Strategy and steering
Implements and monitors the actions plans for HI’s financial strategy within his or her area of responsibility.
- Updates financial information and monitors financial indicators within his or her area of responsibility.
- Monitors and reports to his or her line manager and functional manager on the financial risks of which he or she is aware and contributes towards their mitigation.
- Helps to identify financial and legal risks for HI within his or her area of responsibility.
Mission 2 : Standards and expertise
- Deploys all of HI’s financial policies, processes and tools within his or her area of responsibility.
- Ensures that HI’s legal obligations are met and produces the required financial documents.
- Reports any changes in standards, case law or in the practices of other stakeholders in the financial field of which he/she is aware.
- Complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Implements and complies with procedure for archiving financial documents and publishes and updates financial documents in the dedicated workspaces.
- Contributes to internal control within his or her area of responsibility and applies identified corrective actions.
Mission 3 : Operational implementation
Responsibility 1 : Regular keeping of the accounts
- On a daily basis, makes entries in the accounting Information System (IS) (and in the country IS if necessary), ensuring that the descriptions of the entries are accurate and consistent with accounting allocations and that all the required fields are completed, in keeping with HI’s chart of accounts (and the country chart of accounts if necessary).
- Takes delivery of supporting documents and translates the essential elements into one of HI’s working languages (French or English)
- Formalises requests to create or close accounts journals in the accounting IS.
- Prepares all the documents for the monthly and annual closing of accounts.
- Creates Immo (fixed assets) sheets in the accounting IS and sends the fixed assets’ identification number to Logistics for recording in the Equipment Monitoring Chart.
- Applies for exemption from Value Added Tax (VAT) and prepares the declarations.
- May be required to temporarily replace a member of the accounting team.
- Prepares any supporting documents asked for by internal or external auditors.
Responsibility 2 : Archiving accounting documents
- Produces the accounting documents slip
- Ensures the legibility and regular scanning of supporting documents.
- On a monthly basis, archives scanned documents on a server and paper documents in a location that guarantees their physical integrity.
- Sends supporting documents (paper or digital format) to their final storage locations.
Responsibility 3 : Contributes to financial and budget management
- Participates in the construction and adjustment of budgets with the budget holders. Provides budget holders with regular budget monitoring reports and assists them in the use of tools.
- Produces and updates resource allocation tables (human, logistical, etc.) and communicates them to the departments concerned.
- Integrates budget adjustments into the budget monitoring tools and enters cost-accounting modifications into the Financial Information System (FIS).
- Contributes towards optimising the use of HI’s own funds.
- Adheres to the deadlines in HI’s financial calendar.
- Consolidate cash flow needs within his or her area of responsibility.
- Prepares responses to questions from internal and external auditors.
Mission 5 : Profession facilitation
- Contributes towards the facilitation of the profession’s development in his or her area of responsibility.
Mission 6 : Emergency preparedness and response
- Contributes to the program's emergency preparedness actions and, during an emergency, adapts his/her work modality to contribute to HI’s effective humanitarian response.
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (PSEAH)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
Education: University degree in accounting, business, economics, or finance,
Languages: Arabic, Kurdish, Good level of spoken and written English mandatory (oral and written)
Experience: 2 years. Past experience with INGOs is a plus.
- Excellent computing skills in general (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Windows mandatory
- Reliable to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent reactivity and flexibility in all circumstances
- High capacity to organize his/her work, and manage priorities
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Act as a team player
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standard
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter so as to reach on or before
2nd Oct 2022
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Ref: HI-IRQ-ERB- FINACCOFF-655
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
CVs that are sent as photo, screen shot or by link will not be considered.