MdM has been working in Iraq since the 1990s. During its first mission in the country, MdM was providing general and specialized medical services (surgery, training programs for traditional birth attendants). Since then MdM had several programs which included paediatric surgery, contributing to the renewal of techniques and knowledge of surgical, medical and paramedical staff in 1997, emergency medical activities in 2002, building local capacity on basic emergency healthcare services at community level in 2006. From 2009 to 2011, MdM supported an Iraqi NGO in the implementation of a program aimed at improving the skills of midwives and traditional birth attendants in accordance with recognized international standards.
In 2014, with the arrival of ISIL, MdM started to provide immediate healthcare support through curative and preventive care including MHPSS services to IDPs and host communities in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KR-I). Later, MdM expanded its support to the most vulnerable IDPs and host communities outside of the KR-I region, in Kirkuk Governorate in July 2015, and in Ninewa Governorate in April 2016. Since 2018, MdM has developed a program where activities are gradually handed over to the MoH.
The current program focuses on supporting the local health authorities in providing quality PHC services (including MHPSS and GBV response) and continue to strengthen the capacities of local public health authorities in Dohuk, Kirkuk, and Ninewa governorates, to provide quality care and respond to health needs of IDPs, returnees and vulnerable host communities.
- A combination of direct and complementary services, especially related to general health, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), while contributing to the health system strengthening through capacity building at DOH (Directorate of Health) level
- Mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS),
- Gender-based violence (GBV) integrated within the PHCC general health services, SRH, and MHPSS services
- As a cross-cutting approach, MdM is planning to develop a community health-based (CHB) approach to ensure community participation, while empowering individuals.
- In 2020, with the start of the pandemic of COVID 19, MDM Iraq adjusted its program activities, to respond to the immediate needs of the most vulnerable populations due to the COVID-19 outbreak while extending its support to additional areas of intervention. The COVID-19 activities targeted the DoH staff at the PHC level and surrounding communities with the aim to prevent the further spread of COVID-19.
Taking the current context of Iraq into consideration the MdM Iraq team reviewed its strategy and expects 2021 to be a transition year from a humanitarian approach to a more development approach, from the health promotion perspective. MdM Iraq has identified four main pillars to guide the strategy between 2021-2023:
- Community Health-Based Approach,
- Capacity-building at the DoH level,
- Partnership with local NGOs and
The aim is to strengthen the resilience and capacity of the local community. MDM Iraq also aims to develop projects together in partnership with the local community aiming at a sustainable, effective, and innovative change building on the capacities of an empowered community supporting future exit.
The Finance and Administration Officer reports directly to field coordinator and receives technical support from Hr coordinator & Finance coordinator
S/he manages a team of 1 to 2 staffs.
S/he manages directly:
S/he works closely with the Medical, MHPSS and GBV team which includes:
- Program manager
- MHPSS officer
- GBV Supervisor
- Log officer
- Security and Liasain officer
S/he technically supervises:
Accounting, Treasury and Financial Management.
- Responsible for the monthly accountancy preparation for the Base office in respect to MdM accounting procedures.
- Record all expenses in MDM accountancy’s software (SAGA) daily, and to properly fill in the information needed (date, accounting code, project, budget code etc.). according to the allocation table and Budget forecast.
- Prepare monthly closing, revision, and integrity of accounts for the base.
- Prepare the cash count and bank reconciliation at the end of each month.
- Consolidate accounting vouchers and submit Final Accountancy (soft copy+ hardcopies) to the Coordination office as per the prescribed schedule.
- Prepares & Updates all accounting documents required by MdM guidelines and internal procedures;
- Translate all invoices into English.
- Follow up, review and performs timely payments (both cash & Bank) for the expenses related to the daily operations and payement requests sent by the programs and daily operations, according to MdM procurement procedures (Mission Request, Purchase order, contract, invoices & receipts, quotations, and proformas etc.) and ensure that the invoices are compliant with donor and MDM regulations and procedures.
- Follow up all invoices related to lease contracts, also monitor due dates for payments of contracts.
- Works closely with the Logistics Department to ensure the respect of the procurement procedure: and ensures the proper validation cycle is respected (quotations, evaluation and validation grid, purchase order, delivery note, etc.).
- Responsible of advancing money to logistics & clearance of cash advances within established guidelines.
- Guarantee security of the cash and confidentiality of information
- Prepare biweekly/monthly forecast and submit cash request to Erbil.
- Maintain the safe and the petty cash journals and Reconcile the accountancy with physical cash in the base and perform daily/weekly cashbox check under the supervision of the fieldco and report any discrepancies.
- Monthly follow-up and payment of advances on salaries and perdiem for the National staff and Expatriate staff as per the prescribed procedures.
- Provide support to Human Resources department for the the payment of Income taxes and social security as per the regulations of the country and MDM procedures.
- Participate in the consolidation of budget follow ups and cash forecasts at base level
- Participate in the preparation of new proposals/Revision or amendment with reference to financial matters (budget construction, gathering of prices and needs for support costs)
- Prepare and archive all necessary documents for monthly accountancy in accordance with MdM procedures: accountancy (ledger, cash controls) and annexes.
- Responsible of scanning the monthly accountancy for the base and upload to SharePoint.
- Ensure adequate filling of administrative files;
- Assist the Finance Coordinator in internal & External Audits;
- Support to look for the documentation required by the auditors (invoices, vouchers, and others) and assist the Finance Coordinator to answer the financial questions if needed.
- Prepare and draft official correspondence with the government authorities in Sinjar
- Ensure proper tracking of all official letters at field level
- Human Resources
- Follow up on legal requirements regarding employment (social security, income tax,etc).
- Ensure management and update of HR databases and personal files on a monthly basis.
- Ensure preparation of the monthly payroll on a timely manner.
- Ensure new staff briefing on administrative and financial issues (MdM conditions of employment, job description, MdM rules).
- Prepare contractual documents (initial or renewal) for local employees and service contractors in accordance with local legislation and MDM templates and procedures.
- Ensure updating the leaves follow-up file.
- Prepare Final Settlements when MdM is ending contractual relations with employees.
- Be the focal point of Medical Insurance at the base and facilitate reimbursement of the national staff in their medical claims with the insurance provider.
- Actively participate in grievance management in close collaboration with HR Coordinator.
- Be the warrant of HR policies compliance in the base as to (Conditions of Employment, Transportation, Per Diem, Internal Regulation, Code of Conduct)
- Ensure the PSEA guideline is adhered to in the base
- Ensure recruitment policies are strictly adhered to in the base and actively participate in the recruitment cycle in the base.
- Management of the administrative and financial archives in the base (copies, classify and archive).
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties
- Inform immediately the Field Coordinator in case of any security problem and impact on MdM intervention areas and/or MdM staff
- Perform other additional duties on request of his/her supervisor
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, the management or related field
- At least 2 years relevant professional experience in Finance, Accounting, management, human resources management
Good analytical and writing skills
Good knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Outlook. Excellent in Excel. Knowledge of SAGA is a strong asset
Ability to take initiative to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work
Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
The employee shall respect Médecins du Monde - France’s schedule and Terms and Conditions of Employment and is expected to be available anytime in order to answer to an emergency situation and be flexible and available beyond normal working hours if requested.
Skills and qualities required
Able to manage stress and pressure, well organized
Required personal skills
Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Position based in Mosul (with regular travel to the field)
- 6 months contract
submit CV and Cover letter by Email to email@example.com
including the subject:
LAST SUBMISSION DATE ON April 25, 2021
please make sure to send your CV in PDF/word format (other formats or links arent considered) and write the reference (2021-MOS-04)on the subject of your email. Only Short-Listed Applicants Will Be Contacted Reviewing the application CVs will be on a rolling basis, as such; MdM reserves the right to fill the position before the closing date of the job advertisement.