Founded in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a non-governmental organisation for international solidarity with a social and humanitarian mission With a presence in Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Europe, Secours Islamique France assists the peoples through its emergency aid, development and orphan sponsorship programmes in over 30 countries wherever humanitarian and social needs exist, without regard to race, religion or gender.
The Finance and HR Assistant reports to the Finance and Admin Manager (FAM) in the mission.
Role and Responsibilities
To support the Finance Admin Department on the day to day running of all financial, administration and human resources of the SIF mission in Iraq.
- Prepare cash payment and cash reconciliation with vouchers on daily basis.
- Prepare bank payment vouchers and reconciliation.
- Register/posting of financial transactions on the accounting system SAGA.
- Participate in the monthly closure activities.
- Ensure maintenance of proper documentation filing system is for all financial activities.
- Provide assistance to staff on processes and documents for travel, advance, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.
- Assist with end of year preparation and Audit.
- Act as banking agent.
- Assist in recruitment-related tasks (interview/written test scheduling and invitation, archiving, etc.)
- Assist in welcoming the new staff joining the mission.
- Track and monitor the contract status for all the personnel in the mission, and communicate with the FAM all the needed tasks to be done (renewal, non-renewal, termination).
- Maintain and monitor the attendance and timesheets, alert FAM to poor attendance records of relevant staff.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up to date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Assist in maintaining and updating personnel records, keeping full, accurate, confidential information on all staff and keeping it in order and aligned with HR procedure.
- Update Social Security Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties
- Support in preparation of personnel documentation for audit purposes.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the SIF Iraq office functions.
- Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards – keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance.
- Responsible for maintaining contact sheet – ensuring all contact details are updated and distributed to Staff.
- Assist in facilitating visas and other legal documentation for SIF staff.
- Ensure SIF Country Office and Guesthouses are cleaned and maintained at a routine schedule.
- Ensure the office and kitchen supplies are available.
- Support in translating documents into Kurdish and Arabic.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or any related field.
- Minimum experience: At least 1 year of experience as a Finance, HR and/or Admin Assistant in an INGO.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Kurdish Arabic
- Have a good Knowledge of double-entry accounting.
- Proficiency in MS Office package including MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Commitment to the values of SIF and its policy.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to communicate clearly and confidently with people from different backgrounds.
- A team player, able to work under pressure and able to do multi-tasks.
- Flexible, hardworking, honest, and trustworthy.
- Respect for confidentiality.
Please send your motivation letter and English CV by email to:
Clearly demonstrate how you meet the qualifications for this position, no later than November 30th, 2021
**CVs without a subject line "Finance and HR Assistant" will not be considered.
The application CVs will be on a rolling basis.
Links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.