As part of SC’s dual mandate, the Finance Officer will participate in emergency preparedness activities and will be ready to travel and to support finance functions in an emergency. Recognizing that SCI in Iraq has a responsibility to support Members, the Finance Officer will assist with preparation of finance reports and will actively contribute to the donor and SCI audits.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Officer
Key liaison: Finance Manager, Iraq Country Office
Budget management: None
Staff reporting to this post: None.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Maintain Filing system and record inventory of vouchers for country Office.
- Assist Finance Officer in preparation of Bank Vouchers.
- Maintain Bank Book.
- Writing the cheuques and preparing Bank Letters.
- Insure GLACOS preparation and scanning all the vouchers then saved in the shared folder.
- Liaising and dealing with Bank.
- Work closely with Finance Coordinator to finalize the monthly closure activities for Baghdad Field Offices.
- Support the Field Manager to finalize the monthly financial report or other Donor Financial report.
- Assist in account reconciliation of any account.
- Maintain Payment tracker and share it with the Finance Manager.
Grants Management and audits.
- Ensure all reports and audit documents are prepared and submitted as per the instructions of Finance Manager at least two days prior the deadline for final review.
- Work with Finance Manager to respond to the requests of members and donors.
Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Actively participate in the Country Office’s emergency preparedness and planning processes
- Assist with finance planning and staff development for emergency response.
- Ensure compliance with the finance policies and procedures and clearly establish guidelines for emergency preparedness and response in accordance with SCI standards and the CO’s Emergency Preparedness Plans.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS (skills & experience) :
- College graduates/studies related to Accounting or any other similar.
- Recommended 1+ years of relevant work experience.
- Good sense of responsibility.
- Excellent organizational & communications skills.
- Good in spoken and written English
- Good computer skills especially in spreadsheet & data analysis (excel & access) and familiarity with accounting software is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health, Safety policies procedures.
Please send your C.V. before Thursday, 24th of January 2019 to IraqCO.Jobs@savethechildren.org. State position clearly in the subject field as applications without appropriate subject will be disqualified.
Also, applications received after the deadline will not be considered.