You will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team you will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards.
- Complete standard financial documents (vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) following a sample template with prescribed guidelines and circulate as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
- Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, subrecipients, partners, suppliers to follow up on required documents.
- Perform data entry for financial transactions recording, following validation by the next-level Finance staff.
- Keep custody of various documents (e.g. blank/undelivered checks, fuel coupons, etc.).
- Participate on monthly closure process, prepare Bank reconciliations, prepaid expenses table.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
- A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two years work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
- Experience using MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities. Ability to work collaboratively.
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required (25% of time travel expected to field offices)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Finance team, management and programs teams.
External: governmental authorities, auditors, partner organization staff.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested candidates can apply via the below link: