NRC in Iraq
Since the Government of Iraq declared that combat operations against the Islamic State Group (IS) had ended in 2017, Iraq has been recovering from the significant damage and destruction caused by the armed conflict. Of the more than six million Iraqis who fled their homes since 2014, 4.5 million Iraqis have returned to their area of origin and 1.4 million remain internally displaced. Many Iraqis have returned to areas that lack basic infrastructure, services and livelihood opportunities, or where explosive devices have not been cleared. Other challenges returnees and secondarily displaced people face include the lack of security, community acceptance, housing, property and civil documentation issues as well as critical educational and health service gaps. Throughout this, Iraq continues to host over a quarter of a million Syrian refugees.
The UN estimates that more than 4.1 million Iraqis will need assistance in 2020, 1.77 million of them in acute need. With military operations against IS group having ended, the Iraqi government faces new challenges to ensure an inclusive reconstruction and reconciliation that will sustain peace.
Since 2010, NRC Iraq has been assisting internally displaced Iraqis, Syrian refugees, returnees, and host communities in Ninewa, Dohuk, Erbil, Kirkuk, Basra, Salahdeen and Anbar Governorates.
We focus on assisting the newly displaced, those experiencing protracted displacement in camps, and people returning to and living in hard-to-reach places by improving their chance of obtaining a durable solution. NRC runs integrated programmes across Iraq to respond to people in need using our shelter and settlements, education, camp management, legal assistance, livelihoods
PURPOSE OF FINANCE INTERNSHIP
The main purpose of Finance Internship is to:
• Helps fresh graduated to Gain Needed Experience
• Make a positive contribution to an organization
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hire One Finance Internship based in Ramadi Office to be managed by Finance Officer within the Finance Unit. Following are the specific and general roles and responsibilities proposed for the Finance Intern:
• Support internal and external Finance related inquiries and some requests.
• Working closely with the AO Finance staff.
Archive all the transactions by using box files
Make the quick final review for all transactions before archiving
Prepare reports to Finance Officer about archiving and some urgent issues
Complete the finance cycle signatures for all type of transactions by following up
Assist the Finance Officer by issuing cheques with stamp and sign.
Support the programs by distribute the cheques and other related issues
CRITERIA FOR SELECTING FINANCE INTERNS:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field.
• Good in English speaking and writing.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel).
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• Desire to learn and share.
• Ability to listen.
• Pride and honor in his/her work.
How to Apply:
All applicants must submit a CV as an attachment and a Cover Letter explaining their suitability for the position.
• Please mention in the Subject of your E-mail the Job title: (FINANCE INTERNSHIP)
• CVs submitted without mentioning Job Title will not be considered.
• The deadline for submitting the CVs 9th of April 2020
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
• After the deadline date, applications are not being considered
• English/Arabic CVs should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org