Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger and recognized as a leader in the fight against malnutrition. Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger delivers programs, in over 40 countries while committed to respect humanitarian principles as a non-governmental, non-political, non-religious and, non-profit organization. Our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflict. Action Against Hunger intervenes in four main areas: Nutrition, Mental Health & Care Practices; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Food Security and Livelihoods; Advocacy and Raising Awareness.
Action Against Hunger is looking for Finance Officer in Basra.
Work place: Based in Basra city with frequent travels to ACF areas of intervention.
Type of contract: 9 months Fixed-Term contract with possibility of extension.
Working Hours: Full Time Contract of minimum 40 hours per week up to a maximum of 48 hours per week
Monthly Gross Salary: 2,296,690 IQD
Benefits: Monthly Transport Allowance (130,000 IQD) + Medical Insurance + End of Year Benefit (30% of basic salary per year) + 24 days per year of annual leaves.
Purpose of the position: Support the Program Manager and Deputy FC at Base Level on all Administrative and Financial Activities.Under the supervision of PM and Deputy FC in charge of managing the base Cash, Monthly Accountancy Compliance.
Objective/Assignment 1 : : Manage and Follow up on Cash Advances and Books and assist in carrying out the Monthly Cash Forecast
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Open an advance for any cash advances given, and make sure it is properly justified
- Respect the cash procedures (validation, amount …)
- Prepare payments by check if needed
- Check the vouchers existence, completeness and quality and request missing invoices from advance requesters (authorized signatory)
- Translate accounting documents as needed
- Prepare vouchers (stick invoices on the voucher, fill the designation, fill the donor’s part and the allocation code…)
- Codify the invoices and enter them in the ledgers (cash book/ bank book) and the accounting software
- File original invoices as per ACF double filing procedures
- Check the consistency between computer and physical cash balances
- Make a weekly cash count with the Base Admin/Field Manager & the last day of the month to close the accountancy
- Send the base accountancy bundle by the 5th of the month latest
- If needed Assist in Collecting financial information from project managers
- If needed help in preparing the monthly cash forecast and send to the Administration-Finance Manager
- If needed help in preparing the BFU for the Finance Manager
Objective/Assignment 2 : Assist in ensuring SAGA is kept up to date with the right parameters Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Verify that all the parameters from Saga are correct communicating with Accountancy Officer and Hr Officer.
- Send SAGA to Accountancy Officer and/or Technician
- Check the allocation each month after Accountancy Officer/Technician has Checked
Objective/Assignment 3 : In charge of ensuring compliance with purchasing procedures Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Comply with purchasing procedures when remitting advances or doing payment of any sort
- Confirm with logistics department that purchasing procedures are properly applied, request additional data and documents if needed
- Inform the logistics department of purchasing procedures and of data required on the invoices
- Sensitize all staff on the quality of accounting and supporting documentation
Objective/Assignment 4 : Manage the accounting and administrative documents: sorting, filing and archiving
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Prepare the entire administrative document for each contract
- Sort rental contracts (leases, vehicles, etc.) & employee financial information (payslips, etc…)
- If reallocation done, collect the information and give it to Archivist
- Ensure the archiving of all and any accountancy and financial documentation according to procedure
- Ensure original invoices filing as per ACF double filing procedures & Sort accounting documents
Qualification/Degree/Level of Studies
Bachelor’s Degree in Administration (Financial and Accountancy Knowledge and HR Administration knowledge) and/or professional Training in the same field
2 years of experience minimum in an advanced administrative position
Knowledge of Accountancy – Basic knowledge of Recruitment Process and HR Administration
Professionalism – Good organizational Skills – Very Good Communication and Mentoring/Training Skills - Very High Sense of Confidentiality
Written and Spoken English : Mandatory
Written and/or Spoken Arabic: Considered an Asset
Very good knowledge and experience with MS Office, Especially Excel
Closing Date : Wednesday 5th of February 2020
Qualified candidates must submit a Cover Letter and a Resume (CV) including 2 professional references and a copy of any relevant Certification/Degree and a copy of National ID and/or Residency Card to
Please indicate the job reference number: BAS/FIN/04/012020, in the e-mail subject line.
Action Against Hunger encourages female candidates to apply.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we will only contact short-listed candidates for further screening.
Please note that the final candidates will be subjected to security screening and positive references.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.actioncontrelafaim.org/en