About SEED Foundation: SEED Foundation is a locally registered NGO in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. SEED’s mission is to protect, empower, and support the recovery of survivors of violence and others at risk. SEED is committed to delivering quality and holistic approaches, combining international expertise and local know-how to achieve results for the people of Iraq and Kurdistan. SEED’s programming focuses on three key objectives: 1) the delivery of transformational, comprehensive services including case management, mental health, and legal services, as well as psychosocial support activities; 2) strengthening the capacity of service providers through education, training, and capacity-development programs; and 3) promoting policy and social change to strengthen rights and protections for vulnerable groups and individuals through public awareness, technical assistance, and advocacy.
Role of the job title:
SEED is seeking a Finance Officer to work in SEED’s office in Erbil with occasional travel to other sites within KRI. The Finance Officer will be responsible for a variety of tasks and duties assigned as per the scope of work such as facilitating the compliance checks of programs according to donor regulations, and checks for partners, i.e. sub-grantees. S/he is also will assist in other aspects of the financial management of the program.
- Review supporting documentation for each grant and ensure it complies with each donor's rules and regulations.
- Ensure that the supporting documentation matches the information recorded in the Accounting system
- Facilitate the review and approval of each program’s transaction lists from the program managers.
- Maintain sub-budget BVAs and collect the information for accurate spending plans.
- Review sub-grants and flag any issues to the Finance Manager.
- Keep the BVA spreadsheets up to date and add forecast notes.
- Conduct visits to the filed locations within KRI for spot checks and data collection.
- Prepare donor audit files and keep them up to date.
- Support in report preparation and maintain a tracker for due dates.
- Ensure all financial transactions, donors agreement, and supporting documents are scanned and archived properly.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or other relevant degrees
- Very strong computer skills especially MS.Excel
- Proactive, innovative, collaborative, and resourceful with a learning and growth mindset
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
- High standard of spoken and written English; Arabic and/or Kurdish
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications through this LINK
- In order for an application to be considered valid, SEED only accepts online profiles duly completed.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.