Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and life saving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
SCOPE OF WORK
The purpose of the function is to ensure high quality financial management information necessary to support an effective humanitarian operation. Specific responsibilities include; BVA prepration, review of transactions (ledger), financial reporting, and supporting audit through responses. In addition, identify and resolve any financial management problems which may arise through the project implementation.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BUDGET & PLANNING FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT:
Budget Management and Reporting
- Analysis of spending plans against actuals and communicate the variances by Categories to the Budget Holders.
- Review financial transactions (ledger) on a monthly basis and initiate corrections as required for data quality.
- Ensure that online Budgets Vs Actual (BVAs) are accurate to facilitate any external reviews. These includes any changes made on previously approved budgets.
- Review commitments lists and communicate any misanolmalies to relevant staff – Accounting team or Supply Chain as appropriate.
- Participate in the monthly Grant review/grant opening/closing meetings as assigned. Ensure completion of action points emenating from the grants review meetings. .
- Prepare donor financial reports as required. The reports should be in compliance of donor policies and internal IRC policies..
- Prepare national staff salary allocations timely and submit for posting.
- Prepare international staff salary allocations and submit for review timely.
- Provide analysis of grants spending plan vs actual spending by different sectors.
- Review Purchase Requests and Travel Authorisations as per finance review matrix.
- Ensure donor and organizational policies compliance.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى email@example.com
• Education - Required: BA Degree in Accounting, Finance.
• Work Experience and/or Demonstrated Abilities - Minimum 2 years of work experience in grants management monitoring/External Audit/Finance.
- Prior work experience in an NGO environment.
- Previous work experience in managing sub grants is an added advantage.
- Previous work with USAID and DfID funded project is highly desirable.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under pressure.
- Timely responsiveness to urgent requests.
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally.
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural setting.
- Computer literate with very strong skills in Excel.
- Strong skills in time management
- Strong skills in task prioritization
• Languages - Excellent command of written and spoken English and Arabic, Kurdish language will be an added advantage.
Please click on below link:
Closing date: 27 - Oct - 2019
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.