Jobs By Governorate
Job Information Finance Technical Assistant Iraq Nineveh - National - Re Advertise NGO InformationJob Information
NGO Name NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
Contact Name HR
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
Minimum Experience 1 Year
Required TravelJob Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2023-05-25
Deadline Date 2023-06-07Location
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Implement financial systems and procedures according to the NRC Financial Handbook and other NRC policies.
- Make sure that sufficient support is provided before release of any cash or cheque.
- Process incoming invoices and vouchers; ensure they are accurate and fully approved; code on all vouchers for valid account/Project Code/Donor Code. Ensure that vouchers are entered into cashbooks and keep them updated daily.
- Ensure timely payment of contractors, suppliers, and other expenditures.
- Ensure sufficient cash in the cash box; prepare cashbox reconciliations. Ensure a regular cash count.
- In case of audit, make sure that the needed documentation is prepared and according to NRC standards. Assist the auditors during their stay in NRC premises.
- Assist in the month-end accounting closing process, ensuring the accuracy of the ledger and all supporting documentation.
- Scanning and filing all transactions related to North Area Office
- Support the management to Implement anti-corruption policy.
- Any other duties as assigned by the line manager
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience of working as a Finance Assistant / Finance Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Strong Excel skills and any accounting software.
- Fluency in verbal and written Arabic
- Reasonable knowledge in English, both written and verbal
How To Apply
Contract Duration: 6 months
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Finance/accountancy degree is preferable.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational and team working skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Highly approachable, trustworthy, and confidential.
- Ability to work independently whenever required.
- Knowledge & experience of working in Agresso accounting system.
- Past experience of working in middle east or Iraq.
Contract Duration: 6 months
Duty Station: Nineveh - Mosul - Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G4/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and Conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- NRC is committed to our localization strategy including with respect to our workforce in Iraq, whenever possible NRC will recruit new staff from the local area of the programme operations.
- NRC will endeavour to hire staff that together represent the balance of diversity in the governorate of operations.
For more information please read Job Description
To Apply Please Click-Here