Background the International Organization of Migration with the support of DEVCO is implementing Community Stabilization Programs in Diyala and Duhok through providing Humanitarian assistance that will reach community members of displaced population and host community, prioritizing most vulnerable groups including women and youth.
In the framework of the project “SAFE RETURN - Reintegration and recovery assistance in areas of return in Iraq (AWDA AMINA), Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator of the Community Stabilization Unit, the administrative supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and the direct supervision of Area Coordinator, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Support in collecting data & identifying the vulnerable beneficiaries, trainers and local CSO’s.
- Supporting the implementation of activities and trainings.
- Support the community mapping and conflict assessment activities
- Facilitating meeting with local CSO’s, youth networks and other actors.
- Facilitate icebreakers, energizers and structured trainings.
- Lead on the announcement of activities and public events.
- Develop a weekly plan along with the staff.
- Participate effectively in internal coordination meetings.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the Area Coordinator
- Provide logistic support for beneficiaries, trainers and staff when needed.
- Document the activities by photos and notes
- Coordinate with local CSO’s and local community for joint activities and collaboration
- Facilitate roundtable discussions with participants in IOM trainings and IOM-staff for the review and validation of the trainings content.
- Deliver reports at the end of each activity with recommendations.
Ensure that confidentiality and the right to privacy is maintained with regard to confidential information.
- Bachelor’s degree in social or Political Science or related field from an accredited university or institution.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in the humanitarian or development sector, of which at least 6 months involves mental health, psychosocial support, social cohesion and capacity building programs.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- appropriate field experiences, with excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of Arabic is required.
- Good knowledge of English and Kurdish is preferable.
- Work prioritization and ability to multitask.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Positive, constructive attitude.
- Ability to work and act under pressure with discretion in politically sensitive environment with a minimum of comfort.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Ready to work independently, under tight deadlines.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment with a positive attitude.
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Strives for supportive working environment and positive working relationship.
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment, retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.