International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
The GBV Case Manager will work to ensure improved quality of health and psychosocial support for survivors, support development of a functional referral networks that enhance survivors’ ability to receive confidential, safe, and timely services that meets their needs in a timely manner. She will oversee Case management and psychosocial support services provided to survivors of gender-based violence and women and girls in general, implementation of basic psychosocial support activities for women and girls at the outreach sites and local partner support
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSABILITIES :
- Provide direct support and care for adult survivors of GBV and age-appropriate specialized support and care for adolescent, male and girl child survivors of GBV, including counseling and case management.
- Follow GBV guiding principles of respect, confidentiality, and safety/security and non- discrimination while providing services.
- Establish a hotline and proper management to ensure that survivors from more rural and underserved areas can access information about service provision and that action can be taken to facilitate their ability to receive services in a timely fashion
- Ensure proper documentation of reported GBV incidences through utilization of GBV IMS case intake, action, follow up and other case management forms appropriately.
- Ensure all documentations on reported cases and referrals made are updated, accurate, organized and well maintained by social workers.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and strengthen referral networks and monitor the implementation of the referral pathway to improve survivors access to confidential, safe GBV services in a timely manner to meet their needs
- Ensure adherence to GBV guiding principles and the provision of survivor-centered care (respect wishes, decisions of survivors).
- In consultations with women and girls, develop and support to implement a series of age-appropriate and group emotional and social support activities for women and girls, with an emphasis on meeting the needs of survivors of GBV and strengthening support networks among women and girls.In consultations with GBV officer, develop and implement/ share monthly response plan and GBV key messages/issues based on case trends to disseminate information on services available and referral pathways. Coordination and networking • Strengthen and maintain networks through other service providers and camp management to ensure that survivors receive compassionate support from the community and to encourage greater communication, collaboration and coordination among partners (protection, health, legal, and psychosocial sectors).
- Advice the GBV Officer on programming areas that require targeted interventions and campaigns based on trend analysis.
- Work in collaboration with GBV Team leaders to ensure ongoing needs of women and girls are being met through prevention-related activities.
- Organize and participate in case conferences and other interagency coordination meeting at camp/community level]
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
• Clear understanding of gender, abuse of power, and issues surrounding violence
- Experience/understanding case management and empowerment work
- Social work understanding/experience
- Willingness to travel to the site locations
- Openness to working with displaced communities
- Project cycle management understanding and application
- Computer and communication skills preferred
- Fluent Arabic/Kurdish
- Including writing clear and concise reports.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good time management and planning skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Word and Excel)
- Belief in and understanding of gender equality, women’s rights and empowerment
- Fulfill any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Diploma holders in social sciences with strong GBV experience will also be considered.
- 2 years related field with experience. NGO experience is a plus
Please send your English CV to the IMC email:
Please indicate the code of the position (GBV CM 26912) in the Subject line.
CVs without the subject line "GBV CM 26912" will not be considered.
Links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.
- The deadline will be 26th September 2023 at 4:30 pm (Iraq time).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* Note:- please send your national ID, and certificates attached in the application email as well.
*Bank account will be requested from the selected candidate