Hope Organization for Development and improvement is a humanitarian organization and Non-Profit organization stablished in 2007. Working in different cities in Iraq like; Ninewa, Salah-Aldin, Anbar, Kirkuk and KRI. Have an update registration in Iraq and KRI. Hope Organization is Provides Relief, Rehabilitation, Livelihood, Emergincy Response, Wash, Education, GBV sessions, PSS, Protection for Women and Children, and Reconstruction support to communities affected by wars and natural disasters in the country. Supports conflict-affected populations by strengthening the capacities of communities, civil society, and government authorities, increasing their preparedness to protect human rights through advocacy, providing basic services and promoting the well-being of the individual and the family and guarantee Women and children's rights in the community. Hope Organization is contribute in all available means to eliminate violence against women and children physically and psychologically. Hope Organization is also responding to the emergency and working in different sectors to make sure all the required support to the people receiving services In addition, HOPE membership comes from different religions and sects and nationalities, working on providing training, research, dialogue facilitation, and civil society consulting in the field of human rights, peace-building, and the rule of law in order to promote a culture of non-violence without discrimination and in accordance with Iraqi constitutional provisions and international conventions ratified by Iraq.
Under the direct supervision of the Administrator in Tal Afar, she responsible the development of community protection and gender mainstreaming practices, programs and activities in all programs focusing on economic empowerment, social and gender equity as well as community protection. The post of gender and protection officer is key to achieving its long-term goal of empowering disadvantaged and vulnerable women and girls to exercise economic, social, civil and cultural rights, as well as the goal of addressing and mitigating key protection concerns.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Technical support to the project team
- Provide advice and support to the Project Managers to ensure that all project activities been designed with gender sensitive and protection-integrated approaches, with the needs of women, girls, boys and men having been clearly considered and included in the design
- Provide advice and ongoing support to project staff on gender and protection related issues during project
- Support the programme team on establishing a gender-sensitive accountability mechanism for beneficiaries
Monitoring and reporting on gender issues
- Ensure close interaction with the M&E team
- Prepare tools and set up a system allowing regular monitoring and reporting on the project related gender issues
- Provide assistance in data collection, compiling lessons learned, establishing indicators to support knowledge sharing
Networking and Coordination
- Build up a collaborative network of peers, government agencies and local NGOs engaged in issues related to gender/protection and coordinate and collaborate on research, programming and advocacy
- Represent HOPE in relevant external fora, media and with other external stakeholders on gender issues
- Represent HOPE in working group meetings
- Set up a basic referral mechanism
- Knowledge management and knowledge sharing
- Update internal documents regarding gender and share those with the team
- Prepare training materials and provide training for project staff on gender and protection mainstreaming
- Provide brief updates on the development of gender related issues and new approaches to project staff
- Participate in gender related community of practice in the region
Support project research, evaluations, and baseline studies on gender/women’s empowerment with technical advice and guidance
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Social Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Developmental Studies)
- 2 years of experience in gender programming, including significant experience on GBV, women’s voice and/or economic empowerment
- Strong understanding of political and legal systems in Iraq as related to women’s rights as well as demonstrated experience in working in/collaborating with civil society
Proven skills in partnership building, influencing and negotiation with a range of actors.
- Commitment to and understanding of HOPE core values and principles;
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills;
- Effective procurement and contract management skills;
- Excellent skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power point;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Pro-active and helpful attitude, ready to take on variety of new tasks;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
Please submit your CV with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
and put in the subject: (Gender and Protection officer -Telafar)