Reporting to Gender Programme Manager
Contract type Fixed, Iraq
Staff reporting to this post N/A
•Oxfam’s programme has been established in 2014 in response to the ISIS conflict in Iraq. Oxfam implemented activities during the past few years was built around the delivery of 3 main areas: A) Lifesaving humanitarian assistance b) Recovery assistance, and C) Promotion of Women Rights.
• Lifesaving humanitarian assistance: to newly displaced populations residing in camps or host communities. The bulk of this work was done around the Mosul Operation with activities implemented in the governorates of Erbil, Salah Al Din and Ninewa. Activities included: Establishment/rehabilitation of safe water (boreholes, repair of infrastructure); Emergency water supply (distribution of water through trucking and bottled water); Setting up water tanks and networks in camps; Distribution of hygiene items; construction of latrines; Cash for Work opportunities inside the camps to allow construction work and solid waste management; and Distribution of emergency winterisation kits.
• Recovery assistance: to returnees, local host communities and IDPs to recover from the post-conflict and to cope with protracted displacement. The main activities implemented under these areas of work include: Rehabilitation of water infrastructure; Supporting local authorities to rehabilitate essential public services (schools and hospitals); Grants to returnees to recover damaged businesses; Provision of livestock to support farmers; Cash for Work opportunities contributing to income for vulnerable families and supporting rehabilitation of infrastructure of public interest (irrigation canals, main roads).
• Promotion of Women Rights: through contributing to the implementation of the National Plan for 1325 UN Resolution, and economic empowerment of women through provision of training and grants to establish/rehabilitate businesses.
In order to serve these three objectives, Oxfam work aimed to integrate the following key sectors together for every intervention in a given location:
• Water Sanitation and Hygiene
• Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods
• Non-food-Items and Shelter
• Protection of lives and rights of civilians
• Gender Justice
• Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
• Advocacy and Media work
To ensure implementation of Gender Justice Programs, Connecting Voices and Action to End Violence Against Women and Girls in the MENA Region as well as working with Women and Girls to re-build Iraq
To work with the Oxfam Gender team in Iraq responsible for supporting activities related to the gender Justice programming across all project locations. The assistant will also support in administrative management of the programs.
• Problems vary and include a combination of routine and some complex.
• Work pattern is a mixture of reactive and project work.
• Required to make sound judgements regularly within agreed processes using a good understanding of the team and the facilities of the team.
• Communication is largely with internal staff and partners, (including internationally) also with some external contacts mainly partners working in the program
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for the management of documentation for program files as per Oxfam standards to make sure is clean, tidy and well organized at all times.
• Provides general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning and photocopying for the gender team.
• Maintain electronic and hard copy filling system of program Admin related files.
• Assist in resolving any administrative problems and inquiries.
• Assist in the raising of request orders, transport requests and other related logistics support
• Maintain and update contact lists for program stakeholders and consultants.
• Make travel and accommodation arrangement for gender team including external visitors in close relation with the Admin Officer and Logistics team in different Oxfam
• Provide general support to visitors and clients.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• 1-2 years of working experience. Previous experience in administration is highly preferred.
• Proven ability to develop and maintain good relationship with the local communities and project beneficiaries.
• Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing and reporting
• Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent experience is highly recommended
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
• Good command of oral and written English and computer skills
• Knowledge and skills in computer usage
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume containing their contact details and experiences to the following email
- Application after deadline is not considered.
- Application only should be WORD-PDF format.
- Applications without ‘’subject line ‘’ will not be considered ''Gender Programme Assistant- Erbil''.
- The shortlisting will be based on rolling basis.