Terms of reference
General Lab Intern
The Innovation Intern will work at the Iraq Response Innovation Lab (IRIL), which is part of the Program department of Oxfam, and assist the team in the implementation of the Innovative projects that are incubated within the lab. The position reports to the Iraq Response Innovation Lab Manager. The Innovation intern will work in close collaboration with the Innovation coordinator who will provide support where required in lab activities. The IRIL is part of a Global Response Innovation Lab (RIL) which consists of an umbrella of Innovation labs in 4 other countries. All country labs are supported by the Central Support Unit of the Global RIL.
Under the overall supervision of the IRIL manager, direct supervision of the innovation lab coordinator the intern will be providing support for the Innovation Lab team mainly in identifying, assessing, and supporting innovations submitted to the lab by community members.
Duration: 3 Months
- Support with the development of the Innovation pipeline and assist the team that it’s regularly updated.
- Translate documents and surveys from English to Arabic/Kurdish and vice versa.
- Support in coordinating meetings, taking minutes of meetings, and drafting agendas.
- Support the innovation team in preparing assessments and proposals for the incubated projects.
- Support in organizing workshops, seminars, pitching events whenever they are held in the innovation lab.
- Periodic and timely reporting to IRIL Manager on progress/ performance against the project indicators.
- Fresh university graduate with a degree of English, management, IT, or other departments.
- Knowledge in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in English is a must. Proficiency in Arabic and Kurdish.
- Good communication skills.
- Good drive to learn.
- High organizational skills and ability to priorities workload and meet deadlines.
- Strong interest in Innovations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Any experience in working with event planning is a plus.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
For more details about this opportunity, please visit the job advert using the below link:
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply