DCA is an International Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO) that has worked in Iraq and KRI since 2017, implementing life-saving Humanitarian Activities through Mine Clearance, Risk Education, Psychosocial Support, Child Protection activities, Covid-19 response and Livelihood projects through local partner organization.
DanChurchAid (DCA) invites applications for a Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Officer for its Iraq programme. This position is based in Erbil with up 50% travel into Federal Iraq to conduct training and site visits of active Hazard Areas.
As the GIS Officer, your main responsibility is to manage all information, reporting and collection platforms using ArcGIS Survey 123 and KOBO for the DCA programme in Iraq. As the GIS Officer you will lead on the development, implementation and follow up of data collection plans with explosive hazard clearance teams and manage all mapping tasks. You will as well play a key role in recording and reporting DCA activities for sharing with other actors in the various sectors, donors and all other relevant stakeholders.
The main duties relating to this position are as follows:
- Preparation, conception and production of maps;
- Supervise and monitor mapping related data collection;
- Ensure accurate linkages between spatial databases and assessment data;
- Ensure that all data, maps and reports meet the requirements of IMAS and IMSMA;
Data collection and data management
- Development and follow up of data collection plans with RE and clearance teams in the field;
- Data cleaning, merging and storage (meta-data databasing);
- Analysis and report writing;
- Monitoring of accuracy of data collected. Cross check data collected in the field, ensure regular updates and solve eventual discrepancies;
- Set-up, maintain, update and expand system of data management and analysis for data dissemination and reporting;
- Set-up, maintain, update and expand system from automated data analysis and map production for donor reports and factsheets;
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes, and actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data;
- Create and update monthly factsheets for areas of analysis across Iraq;
- Help ensure complete and timely reporting of activities, in accordance with various sectors, donor and HQ requirements;
- Assist with the production of project reports and case studies, and provide input to the CD for the design, preparation and presentation of new concept notes, donor briefs and project proposals;
- Manage office IT related issues and act as the Country Office IT focal point.
- Work in close coordination with all programmatic departments in the programme to ensure a coordinated response to the humanitarian needs on the ground;
- Stay informed and current on new GIS methodology and tools;
- Any other appropriate duties, as requested by the OM or other HMA technical staff.
- Represent DCA in all relevant coordination bodies;
- Contribute to culture of excellence, continuous improvement and performance optimization across all projects;
- Be a role model for diversity and inclusion, as well as a positive role model for contributing to the team spirit.
- Capacity build MEAL staff on GIS systems
Applicants must have the following qualifications and experience
The post holder should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Minimum of 2 years of GIS experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in a GIS or related field
- Advanced Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic; spoken and written;
- Excellent time-keeping and prioritization skills;
- Organized and able to work under pressure;
- Previous experience working in a Mine Action NGO or similar organization is a plus;
What DCA provides:
- Employee contract with 3 months’ probation and possible extension.
- Competitive salary and leave package.
- Health and accident insurance.
- Training and building capacity.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Only online applications consisting as a minimum of a CV and a cover letter will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DCA’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Deadline for applications 01 December 2021.