Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un Ponte Per Baghdad”, right after the end of the war in Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte Per started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO mission is to prevent new conflicts, protect human rights and support civil society, especially in the Middle East, through humanitarian and development programs, always supporting the local civil society. UPP is active in Iraq since 1991 and is regularly registered at National and Kurdistan Region levels.
This project is funded by the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS), developed as a cross-sector intervention in partnership with 2 other INGOs. Based on its background, UPP is responsible for the Health sector, with the aim of improving access and quality of health services for vulnerable communities and returnees in the Governorate of Nineveh.
UPP is seeking experienced and passionate Gynecologist, who will work under the direct supervision of the Medical Coordinator and Project Manager, to support the project team in the provision of health services to the target area. The position aims to provide immediate required medical intervention, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatal risks.
- Attend to maternal needs during ante-, peri- and post-natal periods.
- Provide emergency gynecology and obstetrics consultations and minor surgical intervention, eg: NVD, Vaginal bleeding, abortions D&C….ect
- Carry out gynecological visits (examine, diagnose/interpret results, and treats patients).
- Check-up and follow up on pregnant women and other maternity-related patients.
- Refer patients to other Hospitals when needed for further and proper interventions.
- Screen women for sexually transmitted infections and suggest and administer therapy or other medical care.
- Prescribe drugs and medications according to the diagnosis and standard clinical protocols;
- Supervise, motivate and form a team with other staff members to ensure the high qualified services provision
- Ensure that the gynecologic and obstetrics services meet international standards.
- Contribute to the supervision of the quality of disinfection and sterilization processes.
- Ensure patients follow- up and document all information
- Educate patients on family planning specially on postpartum and post- abortions contraceptive methods immediately after deliveries is mandatory before discharging the patients.
- Support the awareness sessions on RH and psychosocial support topics, in collaboration with the medical and non-medical center staff.
- Use monitoring tools provided (hard and soft copies medical records).
- Regularly attend supervision sessions with the Medical Coordinator.
- Doctor of Medicine in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Minimum 3-year experience in the provision of obstetrics/gynecological services.
- Ability to use US device for primary assessment of the GYN and OBS emergency cases will be an asset
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Literacy in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Personal integrity and credibility
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Excellent communication skills Verbal and written Arabic and English, Kurdish is preferable.
How to apply:
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their resumes attached electronically to [email protected] with indicating the position they are applying for in the subject of the email.
Email subject must read: AFI-Nin23-1403
Email without vacancy title will not be considered. Email after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Please name the files attached to your application as follow: Name_Surname_CV, Name_Surname_CL
- UPP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. UPP considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be screened on a rolling basis. Therefore, UPP reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required qualifications before the mentioned deadline.
- UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence, as well as to Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism. By applying, the candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standards of SEA, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism and that s/he won’t in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP, through the HR Manager and/or the Executive Director, will conduct extensive reference check and profound vetting on shortlisted candidates, also further to the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background checks might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.