The Iraq Delegation of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Mosul invites qualified candidates to apply for the following vacancy:
Position: Health Field Officer 2
Duration of Contract: Six months fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open ended contract)
Location: Iraq – Mosul
Date of Issue: 10th of October 2019
Deadline for applications: 24th of October 2019
To ensure the work of the Health department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guidelines. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Health Delegate in Mosul:
- Implements health programs within his/her geographic area or field of responsibility/ expertise.
- Assists the Health Delegate, Mental Health and Psychosocial Delegate or Health Coordinator or Health Project Manager in designing operational strategies and planning the health program (s) at local/facility and national levels.
- Conducts assessments and regular field visits (when relevant) to monitor activities and health-related threats to the population.
- Ensures proper management of information collected and appropriate, relevant reporting.
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation; contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the delegation's objectives and priorities.
- Helps organize meetings; advises staff members on various matters such as culture, politics, the economy, security, etc.
- Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of health programs. Represents the ICRC vis-à-vis national authorities.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in a recognized medical college.
- 3 to 5 years of total work experience (including 2 years of clinical experience) with minimum 2 years’ experience in the humanitarian sector.
- Good connections with local health authorities or groups of interest for the ICRC.
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- Fluent written and spoken command of the local working language as well as English
- Delivering at Pace, Collaborating, Making Effective Decisions
- Beneficiary/client focused
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies.
- Delivering timely work
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates should forward the following to (MOU_hr_services@icrc.org)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted immediately.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).