Ensure the smooth running of Première Urgence Internationale’s health activites including planning, identification and addressing of issues, day to day operations, coordination and capacity building of the Health teams.
Responsibilities and scope of duties
Ensure coordination of the teams under supervision of the Project Manager.
Report and monitor on the activities to the AMEA team
Contribute to the development of the activity in close collaboration with the Project Manager
Ensure the quality of the services provided in the supported health facility.
Work closely with the Project Manager (PM) and Health Liaison Officer (HLO) to provide technical support to the staff.
Following up with the staff and ensuring that the humanitarian standards are being well respected.
Day to day management of the PHCC manager and provide support to them in terms of managing the health staff.
Working closely with HLO and PM to assess the needs for trainings and to develop plan to build the capacities of the staff.
Attend the weekly health projects meetings.
Be respectful to the beneficiaries and their relatives, treating all people equally without discrimination, and ensuring confidentiality and obtaining consent at all times.
Organise the activities of the staff in close collaboration with Project Manager, and report challenges and potential solutions to the Project Manager and HLO as appropriate.
Specific goals and related activities
1. COORDINATION OF THE activities
• Supervise and monitor each stage of the health activities. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Project Manager are followed.
• Provide scheduled and on-job training to healthcare staff on communication skills, health awareness activities and health topics based on a training needs assessment carried out in collaboration with the Project Manager.
• Ensure activities data is collected and reported.
• Report issues and constraints encountered by the Health staff to the Project Manager and suggest operational solutions.
• Ad hoc cover for health team members as befit their technical background.
• Conduct field visits to observe and suggest improvements to ways of working for the health teams, and implement solutions.
• Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with the Project Manager.
2. REPORTING, MONITORING AND FOLLOW UP
• Centralise all the data collected by the Health staff in the health facilities and create regular follow-up reports as agreed with the Project Manager, and ensure the KOBO system is being used properly.
• Keep the monitoring tools and files archived in Première Urgence Internationale office, accessible to the P M and HLO.
• Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the Health Teams) to the PM
• Create monitoring tools and keep the files archived in Première Urgence Internationale’s office, accessible to the Project Manager
• Together with the Project Manager, set objectives, specific and general indicators in order to assess and monitor the impact of the project and to reshape them if necessary
• Ensure that project files are complete and regularly updated with periodic reporting and monitoring information and communications.
• Help in ensuring the quality of the project through reporting follow up, results monitoring, context monitoring, lessons learned and knowledge management, tools development and trainings.
• Following up with the medical staff about the duties of the staff are being carried out according to their job descriptions.
3. OTHER DUTIES
• Coordination with MHPSS team leader to ensure the good collaboration of the Health Teams and the MHPSS teams and to ensure the correct functioning of the activities
• Conduct regular Assessments to ensure the appropriateness of the activities and that these are reaching the most vulnerable people within the scope of the project
• Medical input towards the procurement and provision of drugs for the Mobile Health Teams
• Create IEC (Information, Education and Communication) materials for the awareness activities – nutrition, hygiene, prevention and treatment of diseases, access to the Health Systems, chronic diseases, ANC, PNC, etc.
• Other activities as requested by the Project Manager
• Is aware of the security rules and social and political situation in the field at any time and provide feedback to the Project Manager
• Participate in team coordination meetings.
• Representing PUI with other stakeholders when required from PM.
4. SET UP MANAGEMENT OF AN EFFICIENT REFERRAL SYSTEM
• Ensure confidentiality is kept at all times, including appropriate procedures and storage of documents
• Ensure a consent process (including standardised case management consent forms) are utilised for referrals
• Regularly monitor the other Doctor(s) within the team and the nurses on the confidentiality and consent processes.
• Support the identification and referral of protection cases by the team.
• Coordinate and ensure, with the HLO\ PM, that there is a weekly case discussion meeting with his/her team, in order to discuss and re-evaluate referral/counter-referral, referral follow-ups.
• Monitor the team’s liaisons with other stakeholders on a regular basis (e.g. non-governmental organisations (NGOs), governmental bodies, community-based organisations (CBOs)) in the areas of operation to ensure coordination and avoid duplication of activities
• Be the focal point for identifying the 3Ws Matrix (Who is doing What, Where), as well as all Referral Pathways from the Clusters (Hospitals, PHCCs, Mental Health, GBV, Protection, Child Protection etc.) under supervision of the HLO and PM.
• Lead the implementation of service provider mappings for the areas of intervention if the information is not up to date or not comprehensive (e.g. every 2-3 months) under supervision HLO and PM.
• Manage the referral of cases according to the case management standard operation procedures (SOPs) for referrals and by ensuring (in collaboration with the team) the logistics required including ambulance for emergency cases / transport organisation, appointment with specialists, etc.
• Provide / Coordinate with the team nurses on site to provide all the necessary information to the beneficiary for accessing the referral facility or services
• Insure that all data concerning the referral and the follow-up are being recorded.
|Required knowledge and skills|
4 Medical qualification (e.g. medical degree or nursing diploma)
|4 Project Management4 Public/community health or Community Medicine|
4 Experience working within the health sector
4 Experience managing teams and/or projects
4 Experience in health awareness activities
|4 Experience working for an NGO4 Experience designing or conducting assessments4 Experience managing people remotely4|
Knowledge and skills
4 Knowledge of health education and promotion
4 Strong organizational skills
4 Good communication skills
|4 Knowledge of the Iraqi Health system4 Knowledge of the humanitarian context4 Knowledge of assessments|
4 Microsoft Office
4 Google Earth/mapping software (ArcGIS) GPS
In order to submit an application, all candidates are invited to fill the following google form by clicking on the link below:
Pemiere Urgence will proceed to the preselection of candidates on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the advertisement as soon as a candidate is identified for the position. Therefore, you are kindly invited to submit your application as soon as possible.
Kindly note that all applications received by email or by paper will not be considered. Only those submitted through the application link will be processed.
Premiere Urgence International thank you for your interest in the organization