About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The House keeper will be responsible for overall supervision of the guest house in Mosul, meals preparation and offering, stock arrangements, supervising cleaners and support them if needed. the role communicating to foreign staff.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to Position Description, MC HR Manual, and Code of Conduct Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Logistic officer
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Cleaners and MC team members.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Make regular inventory for the stocked items, report the inventory for supervisor
- Prepare a plan for the using items and materials
- Report needed items at least 1 month in advance
- Responsible for safety conditions regarding storage of cleaning item and expiry date for food items
- Responsible for hygiene procedures for multi users for the same facility, room, bed and materials
- Report any regular, urgent issue accordingly upon need
- Responsible for preparing high quality meals with considering different cultures and tastes
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to communicate well to foreign staff members
- Ability to supervise cleaners either male or female
- Experienced in housekeeping wither for private or government facilities
- At least Preparatory education
- Basic English Language
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
Successful candidates should meet the education and experience requirements in the position descriptions for the vacant positions. S/he must be self- motivated, creative, tolerant, and able to work in difficult, stressful environments and follow Mercy Corps procedures. S/he must respect diversity and gender equality at the workplace.
Interested candidates should submit their CVs to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline indicated below.
Please indicate on the subject of the email the title of the position you are applying for full position description for the noted posts please visit websites NCCI and F-Job.
ALL APPLICATIONS/ CVs SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY November 10th, 2019 at 16:00.
Mercy Corps will review CV’s and applications on a rolling basis (i.e., as applications are submitted).
Potential candidates for the post will be contacted for an interview and processed according to Mercy Corps Human Resources policies and procedures. As soon as qualified candidates are identified the positions will be closed automatically. Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for potential interview. Any documents submitted will remain with Mercy Corps and will not be returned to candidates.
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer. Females are highly encouraged to apply.