Female are encouraged to apply
he Danish Refugee consul assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Algeria, Libya/Tunisia, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman. DRC has 17 offices and approximately one thousand staff members across the MENA region. Following an internal HQ restructuring, from 1st January 2018 the region is focusing on the Middle East, hence Algeria, Tunisia and Libya will transition to a new region during 2018, while Yemen will join the Middle East region.
Overall purpose of the role:
Human Resources and Administration Assistant is responsible for supporting the implementation of all HR & administration functions in DRC premises and to support the HR and Admin Team Leader to carry out its mission in Mosul to proper handling of HR tasks.
Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
- Support in national staff recruitment process for the North Area ensuring recruitment is done within specified time limits, in accordance with DRCstandards.
- Guid hiring managers on the recruitment processes; filling in necessary forms and tools for hiring process (including interview questionnaires).
- Support HR/ Admin TL to arrange and conduct timely induction and orientation sessions and code of Conduct Training for all new national staff for Mosul office.
- Ensure staff database are up to date on Dynamics for Mosul office.
- Ensure all records of HR related information (HR database, leave and documents for personnel files, including interview records) are sent on timely basis by Managers and staffs.
- Ensure monthly payroll and payroll reconciliation for Mosul, Duhok and HDP are prepared and submitted on time with accurate information.
- Updating Organization chart (organogram) for Mosul office on regular basis.
- Ensure health insurance staff updates on monthly basis and share them with the Country Office.
- In collaboration with HR department in the country office, launch PADA process for the Mosul office national staff by conducting trainings, monitoring quality and submission rates, providing feedback, conducting analysis of development and training needs, and assisting support all Managers in
- conducting annual Performance Reviews and on-going Performance Management.
- Register and revise all data for new hired staff on National staff Payroll system and perform all duties related to contract management for Mosul office
- Support on other tasks when required and any other related tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Following up monthly with the Social Security office and ensure updating them with any new joiners or leavers, as well as ensure processing payments on time for North Area
- Manage and track all the payments for DRC Mosul through the implemented tracking system and ensure timely delivery
- of service and payments.
- Manage the guesthouse and venue bookings in Mosul and payments as required and ensure tracking of payment is done
- through the tracking system
- Esnure all HR documents are archived as per DRC archiving system procedure.
- Reporting any required maintenance of DRC office building (power, water, telephone, AC, fire equipment etc.) to the logistics team.
- Manage payments of office and Guesthouse bills.
- Manage the DRC’s staff mobile phone lines, including issuance, cancelling of SIM Cards and settling phone bills payments
- Manage cleaner schedule and ensure office & GH cleaneing is maintained properly. Also, ensure Expats’ accommodationis prepared decently.
- Support staff obtain their DRC ID cards (Requisitions and printing) as well as business cards.
- Managing consumables, supplies, and stationaries by storing them properly in the admin store and tracking them through the Admin tracker. Supplies must be distributed and monitored on weekly basis to ensure items are utilized appropriate. Also, with assistance by logistics team, inventory shall be done whenever receiving items.
- Any other task assigned by Line Manager
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum of two years’ relevant experience in administration role
- Minimum of one-year Human Resources experience with INGOs
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with a proven ability to work with a wide range of managers and staff members.
- Good facilitation skills, coaching skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong Knowledge of Local Labor laws and regulations
- Good attention to detail and ability to work under time pressure.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills both writing and oral
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Experience working for a UN / Non-Governmental Organization preferred.
- Willingness to travel to other offices at North Area, especially Telafar
- Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Human Resources or relevant field.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, databases)
Languages: Fluency in English, and Arabic.
- HR/ Admin TL
- HR/ Admin Officer
- Support Services Manager
- HR Specialist
- HR Manager
- Program Team
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision.
- Contract length: 9 months (with the possibility of extension)
- Salary Band: I
- Start date: 10th of April 2023.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies. .
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the Apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: [31st of March-2023]
Diversity & Inclusion: DRC Iraq is committed to promoting an inclusive work environment according to our Age, Gender, and Diversity approach (AGD). We aim to have a more diversified leadership structure creating opportunities for qualified women to take on managerial roles. We also continuously work to make our workplace more accessible for persons with specific needs. We offer benefits related to psychosocial support, health insurance, maternity and paternity leave, child sick leave, and lactation breaks. As part of our commitment to promote equity, diversity, and inclusion, we strongly encourage applications from female candidates, persons living with disabilities, as well as representatives of minorities.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo