Work with the technical support of the National HR Coordinator based in HQ for the management of the National Staffs (policies/strategies, rules and tools).
Is responsible for the design, regular update and implementation of the National Staffs Internal Regulations.
Support the mission staffs (National and International) with team management responsibilities in the application of Internal Regulations.
Hierarchical: Head of Mission
Functional: National Hr Coordinator/Hr Referent
Coordinates with: Country Finance Coordinator
- Design, implement and update the National Staffs Internal Regulations in line with INTERSOS standards and with the local Labour Law. The regulations include as ANNEX: the salary grid/list of functions, the recruitment process, the evaluation process and the steps foreseen for the Induction of new hired staff
- Develop a standardized Induction programme for national staff
- Design and implement the salary grid. Update the grid on regular basis with the support of the National HR Coordinator
- In coordination with the mission Sectorial Coordinators (e.g. Head of Mission, Country Finance Coordinator, Log coordinator, Project Manager) design and update the mission organizational charts (for both National and International staffs) and the national staff Job Descriptions. Guarantee standardization across the mission
- Follow up on local training opportunities for the National Staffs and shares information/coordinates with the Project Managers or any other relevant team member. Support in the identification of possible training needs
Implementation and Monitoring
- Monitor and guarantee the implementation of the Internal Regulations through regularly visits to the project locations
- Keep track of the training taken by the National Staffs
- With the support of the project administrators guarantee that all personnel dossiers are kept in order and updated (e.g. contract of employment, contract’s amendment, CV, national id, pictures, disciplinary measures, leave requests and justifications resignation letters)
- Coordinate local recruitments (e.g.: prepares the Job Vacancies, checks the received applications and participates in the shortlisting, participates in interviews and oversees the whole selection process)
- Support all team members with team management responsibilities when dealing with disciplinary measures
- Support the Coordinators in the evaluation process and guarantees that all National staffs are properly and regularly evaluated. Make sure evaluations are properly archived
- Support the Country Finance Coordinator in making sure that the payslips correctly include what is foreseen in terms of remuneration by the salary grid
- Support the Head of Mission in the implementation and follow-up of the international Staffs administrative aspects (leaves, R&R, House Allowance, Family Benefits, Staff Separation Clearance Checklist, Flight Booking)
- Write and share regular ad-hoc reports of his/her own work and HR monthly report through IMP
- Make sure the Internal Regulations is validated by INTERSOS legal advisor and by the local Labour Office
- Liaise with the local legal advisor and with the labour office on the HR matters
- Degree in Management (Business, HR) or Administration
- Essential working experience of at least 5 years in relevant field.
- Previous working experience with INGOs
- Experience in complex decision making
- Excellent communication skills in English, Arabic
- Essential computer literacy
- Ability to perform and assure high accuracy in work under stress
To apply send an email with CV (pdf) to:
Subject: HR Manager