About Human Appeal
Human Appeal (HA) is a British humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991. Human Appeal has been operating in Iraq since 2016. Human Appeal Iraq’s country office is in Erbil with sub-offices in Mosul and Aana. Human Appeal is working in a number of thematic sectors: primarily in protection; shelter and non-food items; food security and livelihoods. Human Appeal’s main donors include UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP and numerous other international institutional partners.
Position title: HR Officer
Reports to: HR Coordinator
Base: Erbil with 25% field visits
Contract duration: 31st December 2019
Salary range: $1750 - $1875
The HR Officer main responsibility is to provide all HR related needs in the country office and sub-offices in Iraq. The HR Officer will be reporting directly to the HR Coordinator. The HR Officer should make sure that the recruitment process is transparent, in line with HA Policies and procedures, and all the files are up to date and complete.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Make sure that the recruitment process is in line with HA Iraq policies and procedures.
- Responsible of posting vacancies (internal and external), documenting the vacancy announcement, screening resumes
- Scheduling and conducting interviews, and arrange for the tests as required.
- Checking the references and Preparing and sending the job offers.
- Write and send regret letter to rejected Candidates.
- Follow up the pre-employment requirements and make sure that all documents are submitted.
- Report the recruitment update on a monthly basis to the HR Coordinator
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system, keeping past and current records for both hard and electronic copies.
- Provides guidance and direction to the staff on HA Policies and Procedures.
- Support the field offices with guidance and orientation
- Support the HR Department in any other needed tasks when needed
- Any other duties assigned by the HR Coordinator.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 2 years successful HR experience in NGOs sector.
- Knowledge of the Iraqi Labor law and policies.
- Very good computer skills in Microsoft office and any other system will be a plus
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills in English, Arabic, and Kurdish
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and prioritize work to deadlines.
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
Send your CV and cover letter to the below email with subject title: HR Officer
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Applications after the closing date will not be considered
- Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
Reviewing the application CVs will be on a daily basis, therefore HA reserves the right to do the interviews for the position before the closing date of the job advertisement.