Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization. For 25 years, we have been providing relief in emergencies worldwide. We also run missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character – have been carried out in 44 countries so far. We concentrate on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH in Iraq:
We returned to Iraq at th
e end of 2016 to respond to the needs of the civilian population caused by the fighting in Mosul. The PAH response team immediately began to provide humanitarian aid to the residents of the city, supplying food baskets and hygiene kits.
In 2017, Polish Humanitarian Action reached over 30 000 beneficiaries in Ninawa Governorate by providing food and hygiene assistance in cooperation with Czech Caritas Republic. Additional 23 000 beneficiaries from Erbil Governorate received food, hygiene or NFI assistance in project funded by Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
PAH’s current activities in Iraq include:
- swift reaction to humanitarian crisis in Iraq.
- improvement of quality of all actions, assuring more adequate humanitarian response, following humanitarian standards and requirements of local communities.
- response based on complementary programs and projects which are created in coordination with local authorities and local communities.
- support of Iraqi employees in improvement of personal potential and professional capacity.
Who PAH is looking for:
PAH in Iraq is looking for a HR & Admin Assistant. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
Under the supervision of HR –Admin Officer, this position will play a key role in building a robust HR and Administration Department. One key aspect is to ensure ongoing, timely and efficient reporting to the relevant Ministries. Another key aspect is to ensure that the HR and Administration office is kept in a proper and transparent manner.
- Ensure that recruitment of national staff is in accordance with PAH Policy and standards;
- Coordinate induction process for all new PAH employees including explanation of Code of Conduct (CoC) and PAH national Manual;
- Keep a list of employee’s end-of-contract dates and of Notice Period dates and submit to the HR- Admin Officer one month in advance in order to anticipate contract renewals or end of contracts;
- Ensure that new staff information is given to the finance department for preparation of Support Office payroll on monthly basis;
- Preparing final payments for employees leaving PAH and to ensure that final clearance is completed;
- Remain up to date on tax, social security and labor laws and provisions affecting PAH and ensure timely communication of changes to responsible staff;
- Issue new contracts when the old contracts expire;
- Up-date the HR Staff Files regularly and check the validity of the documents in the staff files and Request missing documents;
- Maintain up to date confidential employee records for national staff;
- Monitor Timesheets, Paid Leaves, Sick Leaves and Overtime/Work on Public Holiday(s);
- Up-date and archive the staff Files with personal information: Payslips, Leave Requests, sick leaves, paid leave days and overtime and all other HR forms;
- Conduct exit interviews when staff leaves organization.
- Carries out Admin-related operational/control tasks including correspondence to Government and other agencies as required;
- Liaise with the Government about visas for international staff;
- Responsible for office management in Mosul including request for equipment, kitchen equipment and stationery;
- Ensure that PAH’s registration and reporting requirements to Government Agencies and other bodies in Iraq are met on a timely basis;
- Supervising the cleaners;
- Perform other duties as by the HR –Admin Officer.
What PAH requires:
- University degree in Human Resources or Business Management or any relevant subject;
- Significant experience of undertaking a HR & Admin related role in a humanitarian context;
- At least 1 years of experience in NGO and humanitarian assistance sector;
- At least 1 year of experience in managing teams in HR department;
- Proven experience in training and capacity building;
- Strong HR Communication skills, including recruitment, staff care policy, administration skill, strong problem-solving skills, and proven knowledge of MS Office package;
- Ability to adjust to difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances;
- Excellent spoken and written English and Arabic (Kurdish will be an asset);
- Strong Organisational and confidentiality skills.
What PAH offers:
- Friendly and cooperative working atmosphere with development possibilities;
- A full-time position with a 2 month’s probationary period; followed by 7 months’ contract subject to fund and a positive evaluation of the trial period;
- Medical Health Insurance.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your application from HERE including a CV with a cover letter in English, and three professional references from your current or most recent employer
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.