Human Resources and Administration Officer
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Algeria, Libya/Tunisia, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman. DRC has 17 offices and approximately one thousand staff members across the MENA region. Following an internal HQ restructuring, from 1st January 2018 the region is focusing on the Middle East, hence Algeria, Tunisia and Libya will transition to a new region during the course of 2018, while Yemen will join the Middle East region.
About the job
Responsible for performing general Human Resources and Administration functions, playing a key role in the overall HR functions including staff recruitment, contracts preparations, staff leaves/attendance and time-sheets tracking. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
• Ensure the general HR standards & procedures defined in DRC Operations Handbook are applied and compliant at all times
• Support with all phases of recruitment
• Assist Senior Management Team in elaboration of individual development plans for employees reflecting DRC vision, values and long term strategic priorities
• Prepare and update briefing/induction packages for new staff and oversee/coordinate the induction process
• Assist with the Performance & Development Process
• Coordinate and develop a DRC training scheme for DRC employees with the help of the DRC Learning Catalogue
• Draft new and renewed contracts and other personnel-related issues with special attention to compensation and benefits
• Prepare, advice and oversee staff leaves and absences.
• Assist with the management of staff complaints through DRC established mechanisms and ensures DRC Code of Conduct is understood and abided at all times
• Focal point for the liaison with Health Insurance Company on all related issues & serve as the liaison with service providers on all staff health insurance issues.
• Support staff development activities including promoting the DRC Learning Catalogue..
• Assist the Head of Finance and Administration in the management of administrative tasks
• Coordinate the organization of field visits for external visitors in terms of housing and transport
• Act as focal point for the administration of tenancy agreements & liaise with lessors
• Assist Country Director (and HoFA as needed) on the elaboration and roll out of Safety Manual
• Assist periodically program staff in needed visibility activities (ordering photos, brochures, working with designer, make sure logos and fonts are used according to DRC brand manual etc)
• Ensure than onboarding and exit procedures are made for all staff in coordination with Logistics and Safety Department
To be successful in this role we expect the following:
• Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in similar field.
• Advanced English proficiency
• Fluency in local language
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 months
Start date: 1 March 2020
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates/ Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 4 February 2020
Please note: that given the urgency of vacancy the position may be filled before the due date.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.