General description of role:
The Human Resources and Administration Officer will be supporting NPA and its programs by implementing NPA’s professional and effective human resource service for the national staff, under supervision of the Human Resources and Administration Manager, and in collaboration with Country Director and other staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates hiring and contracting process including advertising, collection of applications and short listing as required for regular staff, related services and consultants.
- Conducts interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions in coordination with hiring managers.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward NPA goals.
- Contacts external suppliers to provide short-term services, such as temporary employments, search firms, or personnel medical and insurance services.
Performance and Retention
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Prepares employee separation and termination notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and employment turnover.
- Administers and supports staff capacity development programme.
Policy and External Coordination
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Represents organization at personnel-related forums, hearings and investigations as requested.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Prepares monthly payroll and leads salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization. Analyzes salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plans.
Employee Information Management
- Maintains a human resource management system that meets institutional information needs.
- Keeps records of benefit plans participation such as insurance and pension (provident) plan, personnel transactions such as hire, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics.
- Provides regular reports on accrued benefits.
- Oversee day-to-day operational and administrative activities of NPA Country Office in Erbil and supports other offices are required.
- Arrange customs clearance, travel and visa requirements, residency and other personal documents for staff and visitors.
- Maintain necessary contact and co-operation with the local authorities and relevant international and local NGOs on administrative issues.
- Coordinate internal & external process to ensure that NPA meets the government’s requirements for registration and reporting.
- Ensure that all issues related to taxes, permits, licenses, registration, etc. are managed with the approval of the Country Director as and when required.
- Responsible for circulating memos, meeting minutes and information from management to NPA staff.
- To fulfil other tasks that may be assigned to him / her by the line management.
- Supervise and guide other unit staff, including the Driver/Admin Assistant.
Typical decisions the holder of the positions makes
Reference is made to the NPA Regulation for Delegation or Authority, Quality Management and Guidelines for the NPA Iraq Office.
The position is based in Erbil with travel to other areas of operation as required.
- At least three years of experience in HR/Administration, preferably with an INGO.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, strong planning and organizational skills, compliance and system development capacity, and ability to work well within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, attention to details and prioritization, flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines, and process information into action.
- Experience in liaising with and reporting to authorities/government.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and adapt to demanding work conditions.
- Excellent computer skills especially on developing templates and maintaining formats and procedures.
- Good report writing skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside the country.
- University degree and/or equivalent professional experience.
- Written and verbal proficiency in English, Kurdish & Arabic.
Applicants may submit their CVs with their contact details and telephone number to: HRiraqsyria@npaid.org before closing date August 8, 2020
Please mention the vacancy title: Erbil-Human Resources and Administration Officer in subject box of your email, CVs received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.