To ensure the implementation of the standard and needed hygiene promotion practices and to assist with developing the hygiene promotion intervention for the School Feeding Project in Maysan
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In close collaboration with the field assistant, hygiene promoter will be responsible for organizing and carrying out daily hygiene promotion activities within the SIF warehouses and target schools in line with agreed work plans, strategies and methodologies
- Collate data from the service contract workers and prepare regular reports on activities and WASH conditions for monitoring
- Coordinate with the field assistants to ensure that the various aspects of the Food response are integrated
- Preparation of inspection reports and undertake regular food control checking
- Promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services specifically water supply (Tap stands), Latrines, and Handwashing facilities
- Carry out informal and formal training sessions (according to identified needs) and evaluate the impacts of this training.
- Participate in gathering and compiling of project information (reports, assessments, KAP surveys, monitoring & Evaluation)
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager
Required Education/Level of studies:
Bachelor degree with two years’ experience or High school degree with 5 years’ experience, applications from applicants who do not fulfil this specific requirement will not consider
- Experience with working as a Hygiene Promotion officer/assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Good computer skills (MS office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc…).
- Proficiency and ability to communicate in Arabic (ability to speak English is an asset)
- Punctuality and respect for all SIF rules and procedures and Humanitarian principles
Required Technical and IT skills:
- Command of IT software packages (MS office):
- Ability to undertake assessment using google forms, KOBO, ODK
- Ability to use EXCEL is mandatory
General required skills:
- Detail Oriented
- Good Organizational Capacity
- Strong analytical knowledge
- Knowledge on gender aspects and Protection Mainstreaming
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Very good ability to work as part of a field team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to make recommendations and propose solutions
- Writing skills
- Ability to respond to timeframes and deadlines with pace
- Highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential
- Flexible with travelling
Maysan governorate – Amarah district (with daily travels to Qal’at Saleh city center and A’zair sub-district)
Please send your motivation letter and English CV by email to:
Clearly demonstrate how you meet the qualifications for this position, no later than Nov 14, 2019
**CVs without subject line "Hygiene Promoter" will not be considered.
Links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.