Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims or armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
MSF - Belgium is recruiting
Based in: East Mosul
- Performing autonomously the implementation of the systems and communications' software and hardware in the mission, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
- Performing on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the systems and communications' software and hardware in the mission ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes, the following tasks:
- Identify and implement Information management practices to enhance the mission system's effectiveness and reliability (development, checkup, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.)
- Installing, maintaining and monitoring, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission
- Comparing quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance
- Supervising, planning and providing network security, help desk support and training to users, corrective and preventive maintenance activities (checkup and cleaning, etc.), updating and upgrading activities, security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.)
- Ensuring questions and problems related to ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any time). Registering, reporting and referring unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards
Education: Essential Diploma or recognized formal training in ICT
Experience: 2 years work experience as ICT Technician
Language: English and Arabic
Because of the nature of the work in MSF contexts, big flexibility is required and any other duties/tasks asked by your supervisor(s) should be performed in and out of the current work place
How to apply:
Please send CV and other necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application in the MSF CV box located in MSF CPOC- Behind Al Salam Hospital. Please write the job title “ICT TECHNICIAN” on your application and in e-mail subject line.
The deadline for application is March 9, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.