Under overall guidance of the Chief of Mission (CoM), overall supervision of Senior Emergency and Programme Coordinate/ Head of Erbil Office, the direct supervision of Emergency Officers and National Operations Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Act as focal point for all information, data collection and consolidation and maintain UpToDate database of all the planned and ongoing activities
- Coordinate with Information Management Unit to finalize portal input and maintain the integrity of the database
- Coordinate with Field Team prior to and post distribution for timely reporting and tracking of distribution progress, including verification of all the data received from the field.
- Provide necessary information, data and analysis for the preparation project update, internal and external reports; Retrieve, compile, summarize, analyse, and present information/data on specific project update and progress
- Maintain UpToDate database of the unit’s completed and ongoing activities at any given time, including ensuring easy access for project team members. Draft status reports, identifying shortfalls in delivery, bring them to the attention of the supervisor and suggest remedial actions to improve the information management of the unit
- Provide general and administrative support to visibility and communication activities related to the project; Respond to complex information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records;
- Closely work with Project Support Unit (PSU), Project Information Unit (PUI) and MEAL unit to integrate IOM’s IM and monitoring tools and application in project activities.
- Train, sensitize and capacitate the field team on data collection, application of IOM’s and Sector specific tools and application.
- Draft correspondence on project issues; prepare and update reports, briefing notes, infographics, statistical tables, update factsheet, project dashboards and promotional materials for presentation and reports for internal and external use.
- Support translation and interpretation support during meeting with beneficiaries and key stakeholders and provide written translation support of field update and reports as necessary
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of project documents and ensure the safety and integrity of the data according to IOM’s data principle.
- Any other duties that might be assigned by the direct supervisor or other senior staff in the unit.
- University degree in in Information Management, Computer Science, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline with three years of relevant professional experience with minimum from an accredited academic institution in with minimum 3 years of relevant professional experiences; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with minimum 5 years of relevant professional experiences.
- Previous working experience in managing in Finance and Administration in Humanitarian or client-oriented service providers,
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel is a minimum requirement); ability to run computer based application and programs under minimum supervision
- Preferably experience with GIS, Access and SQL server;
- Previous experience in IM/MIS is strongly desirable
- Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments with ability to lead field assessment and prepare summary and analysis as needed.
- Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures
- Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors
- Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to present clear and concise information.
- Good communication and professional presentation skills
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations.
- Flexibility, tolerance and capacity to work in a team
- Fluency in English and Kurdish and Arabic are required;
- Any other language is and advantage.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.