iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
IMMAP IN IRAQ
iMMAP has had an established presence in Iraq since 2004 has 3 main offices located in Erbil, Baghdad, and Basra. Since the start of its operations in Iraq, iMMAP has built a solid acceptance from local authorities and the population allowing access and implementation of activities throughout the country, in both the Iraqi Kurdistan and Federal Iraq areas.
- The MO is tasked to improve the accuracy of the data held by iMMAP and to improve and effectiveness the distribution of materials
- The IMO will support all goals and strategies of the iMMAP programme in its work with national partners, international partners and applicable donor agencies
- The IMO will develop and maintain constant and good contacts with humanitarian partners.
- The IMO will proactively gather information from sector partners, government authorities which may be of use to the sector for informing decisions;
- The IMO will identify gaps in current implementing partner participants and will engage with NGOs, humanitarian and development organisations to restore renew or join participation in data sharing or IM support.
- The IMO will identify barriers for information collection, collation, analysis and sharing.
- The IMO will ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination through web platforms to all relevant humanitarian implementing partners.
- The IMO will adopt appropriate existing IM tools including those available in-country (including from other sectors) and global level. As appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, collectable and easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organise and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector;
- The IMO will develop standard formats for, and regular output of publication of materials and statistics highlighting the humanitarian situation in-country upon request.
- The IMO will facilitate mobile data collection, from development and data management.
- The IMO will generate statistical reports, graphs, maps and follow up on cluster-specific trends.
- The IMO will support new and ongoing assessments.
- Collect and consolidate data from various partners, prepare and submit reports on regular bases
- Manage, analyse, document data and information from INGOs interventions
- Map assistance coverage in a specified area, analyse and report the potential gaps
- Produce, share maps illustrating scale/coverage of assistance
- Record, document and share coordination meeting minutes
- Maintain databases, provide data entry if required
- Establish and maintain filing and documentation system accessible for humanitarian partners working in the area
- Perform any other additional tasks related to the information management field
Mapping - specific
- The IMO will participate in maintaining the geospatial databases and ensure data quality and integrity through the use of automated and manual techniques to enter, edit and process data sets;
- The IMO will attend periodic information management meetings with the iMMAP IMO team and Senior Management Team to share updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promote good practices in the organization.
- The IMO will participate in IM working groups meetings and workshops
- The IMO will provide specific, sometimes dedicated, support to other agencies, when required.
National capacity building / Training
- The IMO will work to build a national staff trained to be able to fulfil the information management duties assigned to him/her, through guidance, training and technical support.
- The IMO will conduct iMMAP demonstrations and training sessions.
- Graduate of a University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management, Computer Sciences, software engineering, or any other equivalent field
- At least 3 years of working experience with GIS on-field operational level and in a multi-cultural environment.
- In-depth knowledge of database and GIS software, and computer networks, Good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Very good ability in topographical map reading.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian information management, GIS, database management/Administration (familiarity with PHP, HTML or any other programming language), data visualization, or data analysis is required.
- Understanding data QA/QC processes for information management is essential.
- Possess advanced skills in MS-Access, MS SQL Server, Web design.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government, NGOs working with community projects
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- PHP and HTML
- GIS systems and supporting software ESRI ArcMap10.2
- MS Power Bi
- MS Office Suite
- Survey 123
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.