CVT is looking for hiring an interpreter/translator from Dohuk governorate to work with one of our Psychotherapist Trainers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct interpretation services, to the Trainer s/he is assigned to, during their interactions with the implementing partners, other project meetings as needed and, consultation workshops, training events and field visits. The bulk of the work will be sitting in sessions with the trainer and provide interpretations of what is happening in the session without interrupting clients and taking the basic helping principles into account (respect, dignity, confidentiality and safety and security) at all times during and after the sessions.
- Provide translation services to CVT. Project documents for translation will include, but not limited to, progress reports, training manuals and handouts, annual and quarterly work plans, contract and agreement templates, consultancy reports and other materials and correspondences related to CVT projects.
- Provide other admin support such as preparing/typing documents and meeting arrangements for the Trainer, as required.
- Undertake other duties as specified by the Trainer or CVT Management.
- University graduate specializing in the English language or a relevant field with fluent spoken and written Kurdish, Arabic and English,
- At least 2 years working experience as interpreter/translator with the UN or other international organizations,
- Knowledge of social and overall context in Iraq and Kurdistan Region, as well as knowledge of Physiotherapy and Psychotherapy terminologies would be an advantage,
- Ability to work independently as well as in a multi‐cultural team,
- Very good computer skills,
- Proven ability to produce results within tight deadlines.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV to the email below and write the position title in the subject line of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified. Due to the urgency of the position, CVs will be reviewed on daily basis.